Drag Knife Features

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
cnc-peter

Drag Knife Features

Post by cnc-peter »

Hi,
is there any documentaion about the features of the drage knife plugin ?
What kind of post prozessor is needed ? I use the usbcnc from eding. I think that spindle speed, cooling, etc is not needed.
Many thanks in advanced !
Regards
Peter
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Drag Knife Features

Post by Les Newell »

There isn't much documentation for that plugin. Just ask me if you have any quastions. It will work with any of the standard post processors.
egg

Post by egg »

Im looking for help with the donek drag knife in sheetcam. When i run the code in mach4, the z axis drives down and doesn't stop, no matter where i have my zero set. Curious what i might be missing. I have tried switching the touch off setting from ohmic to mechanical. That made no difference. The other thing i have tried, is using the ohmic zero device when the z axis starts to lower. It stops the z axis, but the program stalls at that point. I think it must be something in sheetcam yhat i am doing wrong. I am using the avidcnc post processor in sheetcam.

Thanks much
Pat
egg

Post by egg »

After looking further, we noticed the code driving the z axis to -100 on line N0110. We changed that to zero, however the code stalls once again when we get to line N0180 where we get a "ESS failure! Probe0 never hit or the allowed distance was traveled. Switching from Probing to Normal state" When I change N0180 to Z0, the code continues on to the next line. I will try using a fusion 360 post next, but in the mean time if anyone has any ideas, I would super appreciate them!

Thanks again,
pat
Attachments
test knife.tap
(22.78 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You are probably using teh wrong post processor. Try the 'Mach3' post processor instead.