Error 183:

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
ldial

Error 183:

Post by ldial »

Sorry if this is an elementary error... I'm very new to the sheetcam program. My husband and I purchased a cnc plasma table in July. We just now got the table and cutter in and are working on assembling it. In the meantime I'm attempting to get projects ready to go to get cutting soon. When we purchased this cnc plasma table it came with inkscape, sheetcam, and one other operating program. Everything downloaded just fine. But when I go into sheetcam I get this error message:
Capture1.jpg
Capture1.jpg (111.44 KiB) Viewed 602 times
Directory 'C:\...\AppData\Roaming\SheetCamTNG' couldn't be created (error 183: cannot create a file when that file already exists.)

If I click through the error messages I can get into sheetcam but its not set up properly for the table we have. I have gone through the steps to uninstall sheetcam and attempt to reinstall it several times with this same message occurring. I have contacted the gentleman we purchased the cnc plasma table/programs from but he had never seen this error before and was going to do some checking into it (that was over a week ago).

Any ideas? Again sorry if this is something silly to ask. I'm a rookie at sheetcam and still have lots to learn. Thanks for any advice you can give.
-Laren
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Error 183:

Post by Les Newell »

I have never seen that error before. Do you get the same error every time you start SheetCam?
ldial

Post by ldial »

Yes I did get this message everytime. I finally got the time to focus on this issue and I've got it working now (fingers crossed). I basically had to remove the programs described above from my computer. I even emptied the trash bin on my computer. Started with a blank fresh slate. I reinstalled everything following instructions to a T. I'll chalk this up to a Rookie Mistake/Operater Error.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Did you have to remove/disable any anti virus? some anti virus software can do some odd stuff, especially Norton.