Job Report Additional Questions

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Job Report Additional Questions

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les,

1) I dont know a whole lot about html coding, but is it possible to do math in the report. Like say i want to do @CutTime@+(@Pierces@*[custom tool variable]).... is this possible?

2) Is it possible to set the decimal precision on the report.... like i dont need seconds displayed to 0.01s or inches to 0.0001in. Just to the closest second or to 0.01"

3) Is it possible to adjust the font size in a table of the report. I figured out a way to adjust fonts not in a table, but it doesnt seem to work in a table. Attached is my custom report.
Attachments
Report.zip
(912 Bytes) Downloaded 66 times
djreiswig

Re: Job Report Additional Questions

Post by djreiswig »

I remember reading somewhere that you can't do math in reports.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You can't do any math in the job report or change the numeric precision. You should be able to adjust the font size though. Looking at your sample you have the font sizes set to -1 which probably won't do anything.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Looking at your sample you have the font sizes set to -1 which probably won't do anything.
Ok, so the set font size actually sets the size in points? Somewhere i read online that it sets it relative to the standard font size, whatever that is. Thats the trouble with the internet.... too much misinformation for someone trying to learn new things correctly.

UPDATE: Nothing i change the

Code: Select all

<font size="xx">
to affects the font in the table. One only font changed is the header and the job title line and it does indeed use the +/- values and not actual point values.
You can't do any math in the job report or change the numeric precision.
Ok, i figured that but just wanted to ask. So that leads me to ask is the post-processor for the reports saved somewhere that i would be able to edit it and add more variables? Or is it buried deep in SheetCAM somewhere. This is related back to another topic i posted about the pierce time pop-up box.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8074
I have thought about it for a week now and i really don't see any reason why those reasons like touch-off time, arc start time, etc wouldn't be a machine parameter. I have watched all of our machines and all of those things seem to be constant no matter what tip or amperage or thickness we are cutting. They are also fractions of a second as well, which i do understand would add up significantly over 1000+ starts, but really who needs to know how long a job is going to take down to the second anyway. SheetCAM can only provide an estimate anyways because it does not seem to factor in ramp acceleration of machine axes, which on a waterjet is a massive source of cut time error. I am sure that would be a massive and time consuming addition with little gain so i am not even going to elude to asking to implement that.
I think it would be useful to have a box in the machine parameters for start time and end time, but i am sure that would be a challenge as well. I cant really think of a good way to do the math i mentioned earlier with a custom tool parameter either unless the job report post is user editable.
What do you think, is it worth your time to think about?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

In the job report I'll add the pierce delay and end delay to the job time. This will be plus the pierce time in the job report. Pierce time in the job report then takes care of touch-off etc.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

That'll work, thanks Les!