Scam DRAW plugin

This is the place for any plugins, posts or other useful tools you have created.
Vmax549

Scam DRAW plugin

Post by Vmax549 »

Well Guys Scam Draw is a reality. Yo can now draw shapes in SheetCam. It is based on Gcode words and draws exactly how Gcode words create elements(lines,arc,etc).

My Good friend Keith created a short Video showing the very basics of Draw. IT is a very simple process. Les was a great help to create this proof of concept version. Without his help I could NOT have created it.

Remember I am NOT a programmer so some things may appear to be crude in nature because of LACK of programming skills.

Please let us know what you think. You responces may determine IF it every becomes a full blown Scam Feature.

Here is the link to the video and I will post the SCam_DRAW Plugin to THIS site only. https://youtu.be/qeDaxlvZAGM

To use the plugin just unzip the file into the SheetCam Plugins directory. Then start Scam as normal . From the Plugins control select ScamDraw. A simple help file can be read from the help menu inside of the plugin.

(;-) TP
Last edited by Vmax549 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I tried out this new feature on my Windows 7 Dell computer. After unzipping the folder in my plugins folder, SheetCam TNG would display the initial splash screen, then lock up and not load any further. I had to use task manager to stop the process, then reinstall SheetCam in order to get the SheetCam to work. Just removing the SC_Draw folder from the plugin directory would not fix the starting of SheetCam.

Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Thta's odd. Deleting the sc_draw folder should remove any trace o fthe plugin. I tried it here and it didn't cause ShetCam to lock up.

By the way TP, you are still using program files to save your temp file. That will stop the plugin from working on most computers. As a workaround for anyone who wants to try this, run SheetCam as administrator.
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

HI Les , Yes I was trying to keep the manual install simple without having to do multiple files copies over to more than 1 directory. I can change that . Here I always run Scam as Admin rights so I never notice the problem.

Also I just retired a clean install of the plugin and it works fine here. Same with IF I delete the plugin it will not show in Scam or effect the loading of sheetCam.

(;-) TP
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You shouldn't have to copy any other files. Just create your temp file as needed in SheetCam's settings folder.

By the way I'll move this thread over to the new plugins forum.
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

(;-) Try this version it should be fixed now and install correctly. Unzip it to the SheetCam plugins directory. Then start Scam and it should show up .
It should NOT require admin rights now.

(;-)TP
Last edited by Vmax549 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I tried the new file, and it works fine now.

Thanks, Steve
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

This is the latest Version it has two new added functions.

circle,1.111 draws a circle of 1.111 units USe G0 to move to position and then call function

boltcircle,1.111,2.222,10,5,0 Draws a bolt circle at Xpos,Ypos,#holes,Circle Diam,start angle

(;-) TP
Attachments
SC_DRAW.zip
(4.34 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

This is teh lateste version of Scam Draw. It has a new boltcircle routine that gives you the option of drillpoints or HOLES defined by diameter.

The new call is

boltcircle,x,y,#holes,bolt circle diameter,Start Angle, d for drill or hole size value

boltcircle,10,10,6,8,0,d creates a bolt circle with drill points

boltcircle,10,10,6,8,0,1.000 creates a bolt circle with holes 1.00" in diameter

(;-)
Attachments
SC_DRAW.zip
(4.54 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
David_Lelen01

Re: Scam DRAW plugin

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Is this plugin still active or useful? The download link is not active anymore.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Scam DRAW plugin

Post by Les Newell »

A forum upgrade a few years ago broke a lot of the file attachments. I dug out the old file and re-uploaded it. I have not tested this with recent versions of SheetCam but it should still work.
Attachments
sc_draw.zip
(4.54 KiB) Downloaded 341 times