Not getting THC ON/OFF option in path rules

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Daka

Not getting THC ON/OFF option in path rules

Post by Daka »

Hi All,

I am new to sheetCam and new to this forum. I am currently learning various SheetCam features through you tube videos and came across Path Rules feature. I could see in the videos while defining the path rules, THC ON/OFF option however in my version of SheetCam, it is absent. Could some one please through some light on this? I am using evaluation copy of SheetCam TNG(6.0.30) with Fangling post processor.
Daka

Re: Not getting THC ON/OFF option in path rules

Post by Daka »

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply. I have followed the video and added the code snippets for THC ON OFF.

Then I set following rules
1. On circles smaller than 30 mm set feed to 60% and output code: THC OFF then output code THC ON after the circle.
2. On all corners tighter than 45 degrees set feed to 60% and output code:THC OFF 10 mm before the corner and output code: THC ON 2 mm after the corner.
3. On shapes smaller than 20 mm set feed to 60% and output code: THC OFF then out put code: THC ON after the hole

When I copied the G code to machine, I am getting Arc Error dialog box. Please find the picture here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2EKu ... BPb2ZaNnVR

I am using Fangling controller with Fangling THC. Please suggest if I am doing anything wrong here?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Could you post a copy of the g-code here or send me a copy. I'll take a look and see if I can spot anything.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

OK, you didn't say what machine / post processor you were running sheetcam on..... (oops: I missed Fangling post processor) :lol: :roll: :oops:

From your photo it looks like this motion controller (FLMC-F2300B)

https://4.imimg.com/data4/BQ/UW/MY-2724 ... roller.pdf

https://www.google.com/search?q=FLMC-F2 ... e&ie=UTF-8
Daka

Post by Daka »

Thanks Rob and Les,

Please find attached my G code..
Attachments
Door jali design.txt
(44.9 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Daka

Post by Daka »

Hi Rob,

Yes, that's the post processor I am using. I had gone through the user manual however no where I find anything about the error that I am getting.
mancavedweller

Post by mancavedweller »

Not sure which manual you are referring to when you say you've gone through the user manual.

I've had a quick look at the controller manual and I think that error message may be (quoted from page 42 in the controller manual):

Arcing Check Time:
Enter any positive number, unit is s.
If not detected any feedback signal of success arc starting within the detection time, the system prompts an error message and terminates the current work of cutting, according memory breakpoints to withdraw from the program.

What do you have this set at in the controller.
If it's at zero or a very low value, you will get an error message because after the TORCH ON signal is given to the plasma cutter, the plasma cutter has not had time to give the ARC OK signal back to the controller, once the arc has turned on.

Keith
Daka

Post by Daka »

Hi Keith,

Good Morning..

Arcing check time is currently set in the controller as 15 seconds. I am getting "Arc Error" while loading the G code to controller from USB drive, not during cutting. If I am not setting path rules, it is working fine.
mancavedweller

Post by mancavedweller »

Hi Daka,

I'm guessing it's the way you've written your gcode snippet that is the problem.

Example, here is one of my snippets I've copied from some gcode:

N0160 M206 (On inside corners)

The line number N0160 does nothing and is ignored.
M206 is the actual command that is recognised by my controller.
(On inside corners) is a comment. Anything inside brackets is considered a comment with the gcode my controller uses.

Here is one of your code snippets:

N0230 M998; THC OFF (On all corners)

Note the M command M998 has a semi-colon after it (maybe you are a C or C# programmer :P ). Then you have "THC OFF". I've never seen gcode with a colon after it, and I'm guessing the "THC OFF" is meant to be a comment, and should therefore be inside brackets.

My guess is that your code snippet should only be this:

N0230 M998 (On all corners)

I would try that and see if it fixes the problem. Best of luck.

Keith.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

It looks like your controller doesn't recognize those M-codes. Looking at the manual it doesn't look like the Fangling controller has any codes to turn THC on and off.
Daka

Post by Daka »

Thanks Les and Keith for your reply.

I have tried without semicolon as well. But no luck. As Les mentioned, it looks like those M codes are not recognized by Fangling controller.