Post Processor Help

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
MetalheadF13

Post Processor Help

Post by MetalheadF13 »

Hi ive been staring at post processor script for hours the past 2 weeks trying to get a post processor to work for my new planet-cnc controller with no luck, if I edit one post processor to get something to work it will still tend to have another issue.

LinuxCNC post would work if I could get G92 to work to set Z at 0 then go to pierce but cant get G92 added with an error pop up in the controller software.

USB-cnc plasma post ive modified to accept the touch and go probe and works but at the end of each cut they end up on a new plane causeing the machine cooridinates to continue to rise with no reset that will cause an error since everytime the torch finishes a cut moves up 3 inches to rapid z its basically adding 3 inches height each time.

Planet-CNC support says there is a post script for my needs but still have yet to find one.

im really at a lose of what to do.
:cry: :oops:

sheetcam/planet-cnc mk3 controller/ planet-cnc 10.30 software/powermax 45xp ohmic/ proma compact THC/ DIY plasma table
Attachments
Planet-cnc TNG 10.30.PNG
Planet-cnc TNG 10.30.PNG (266.44 KiB) Viewed 1802 times
sheetcam/planet-cnc mk3 controller/ planet-cnc 10.30 software/powermax 45xp ohmic/ proma compact THC/ DIY plasma table , 0lll0
robertspark

Re: Post Processor Help

Post by robertspark »

have you got a list of all the gcodes that planetcnc uses?
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

you probably want to post a copy of the post processor you are actually using (especially if you have modified something)

and finally does planet CNC have a setting to do something such as a safe retract at the end of the file run.....

suggest post links to whatever and all planet CNC files
MetalheadF13

Post by MetalheadF13 »

so I've finally edited the code enough to cut but now I'm trying to figure out how to set the feed speed for THC in the post I've piece together.
Attachments
USB-CNC plasma THC.scpost
(4.55 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
sheetcam/planet-cnc mk3 controller/ planet-cnc 10.30 software/powermax 45xp ohmic/ proma compact THC/ DIY plasma table , 0lll0
MetalheadF13

Post by MetalheadF13 »

Almost forgot to post the G-code for Planet CNC as well
Attachments
PlanetCNC_TNG_GCode.pdf
(176.85 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

What exactly do you mean by the feed speed for THC? Do you mean the speed it moves the Z axis when THC is active? I'm not sure you can set that in g-code.
MetalheadF13

Post by MetalheadF13 »

Sorry yes I’m meaning when the THC is active, not on the probe down or feed move.