Plasma cutter pauses at + symbol just before end of cut

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
jkleiber

Plasma cutter pauses at + symbol just before end of cut

Post by jkleiber »

I'm new to sheetcam and have what I hope is a simple problem. Whether I am cutting something as simple as a line or a complex drawing, there is green "+" or cross-hair in the torch path where the plasma cutter pauses, then continues. The pause lasts maybe a half second. The green "+" is always just about 3/4" prior to the end of the cut on every cut.

When I mouse over it, there's nothing that tells me what it is and I cannot select or delete it.

So my question is, What is it?, Why is it pausing?, How do I delete it or at least remove the pause it is causing?

For whatever reason I have a file that does not have those green "+" in the path and it works fine. I've compared the files and cannot see what is causing it in one file, but not the other.

Thanks
John
Attachments
smiley_face_pause_point.png
smiley_face_pause_point.png (765.02 KiB) Viewed 4119 times
smiley_face_pause_point_sheetcam.png
smiley_face_pause_point_sheetcam.png (133.72 KiB) Viewed 4119 times
WyoGreen

Re: Plasma cutter pauses at + symbol just before end of cut

Post by WyoGreen »

John,
I'm suspecting that 3/4" before the end of the cut you have a code snippet or a path rule kicking in, which is causing a brief pause in code execution when cutting. Take a look at your cutting operation in Sheetcam and see if you have something other than None in one of those two list boxes. Maybe something like DTHC OFF.

Steve
TwistedMetals

Post by TwistedMetals »

I am having a similar issue. Cutting always pauses for a slight second before finishing cut. Does it on every piece. I have been trying to solve this for a while and still have not found an answer. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Are you seeing the little cross where it pauses? If so you have a cutting rule that is causing the pause. For instance in Mach3 turning the THC on or off can cause a slight pause so if you have a rule that turns off THC before the end of the cut you can get these symptoms.
Owen

Post by Owen »

Hey John,

I was just doing a quick search to address this issue on my machine too, as I recently had to reinstall sheetcam and was wondering why this was popping up. I haven't checked my rules since, and have an ECO anti dive enabled. Once I disabled this the plus signs in sheetcam go away and the cut is smooth.

I've attached a picture of the rule for reference. Hope this fix works for you!

Owen
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (24.94 KiB) Viewed 3827 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

It is better to start a new thread rarher than resurrecting one that is over 6 months old. Anyway, ar you using Mach3? Mach does have a tendancy to hesitate when turning tHC on and off.