Manually disable a path rule at specific location.

Request and discuss new features
mancavedweller

Manually disable a path rule at specific location.

Post by mancavedweller » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:41 am

Hi Les,

have been using path rules and came across a situation which requires manual intervention.

It would actually be very similar to lead ins/outs where we use properties to manually adjust individual lead ins/outs.

To cut a long story short, I needed to keep my THC turned off for some extra time when exiting a sharp internal corner. The path rule turned the THC on when coming out of the corner, so I attempted to use an Action Point to overide this. However, that didn't work and the path rule simply turned the THC on after the Action Point had turned it off.

So would it be possible to add a new feature where we can select an individual path rule point on the drawing and disable the path rule for that particular point only.
Example, on inside corners less than 30 degrees, this is applied to every inside corner less than 30 degrees. Could I select one of those corners and disable the path rule on that corner only. Then I could replace it with an Action Point to get exactly what I need happening.

Cheers,

Keith.

Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Manually disable a path rule at specific location.

Post by Les Newell » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:22 am

That's a tricky one. Path rules don't easily lend themselves to individual control like that.
You can stack rules on top of each other for instance you can have one at 30 degrees and a longer one at 80 degrees. On tight corners the longer one would have priority.

mancavedweller

Re: Manually disable a path rule at specific location.

Post by mancavedweller » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:04 pm

OK, thanks Les.

Keith.