Save and load messed up...

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Davek0974

Save and load messed up...

Post by Davek0974 »

Job Options page,

Enter tool change details, save job run post - all works ok

close sheet cam

open sheet cam, reload job - all tool change data missing??

Can this be fixed soon - seems pretty important ?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

What version of SheetCam are you using? I just tried it here on 6.1.15 and it worked fine.
Davek0974

Post by Davek0974 »

I checked for updates and it said none available?
Davek0974

Post by Davek0974 »

Just testing again,

The settings are there when i open sheetcam, when i load a job they get wiped out.

I tried setting the settings, save the job run the post, close the job but as soon as i reload the job they get wiped out, seem they do not get saved with the job.

Also when i do update the settings and save the job, when i close sheet cam it asks do i want to save my changes, even though i have saved and closed the job - there is no job on screen but it wants me to save my changes??

Baffled
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry I miss typed I meant 6.0.15.

Did you have more than one copy of SheetCam open at one time when this happened? SheetCam writes to it's settings when you close it so if you have two copes open the last one closed is the one that actually saves it's settings.

That still wouldn't explain why reloading teh job didn't work though.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Ok, let's break this down. Start SheetCam and set something in the tool change. Close SheetCam (don't save the job when it asks) and restart it. Are your tool change settings still there?

Now load a previously saved job without the tool change code. You should now have nothing in the tool change code. Enter something and save the job. Restart SheetCam and open the job. Are your settings there?
Davek0974

Post by Davek0974 »

Ok, let's break this down. Start SheetCam and set something in the tool change. Close SheetCam (don't save the job when it asks) and restart it. Are your tool change settings still there?

--Yes that worked

Now load a previously saved job without the tool change code. You should now have nothing in the tool change code. Enter something and save the job. Restart SheetCam and open the job. Are your settings there?

--No they have gone

Only one copy running at a time BTW
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Hmm, that's odd. Change the tool change position settings and save/load the job. Does that stick? If not try changing the material dimensions and see if that saves.
Davek0974

Post by Davek0974 »

Tool change alter, save, close, open, load = no settings

Tool change alter, material alter, save, close, load = no settings
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

So the material settings aren't saving either? I don't get that. Set something in the tool change and save the job file. If you post the job file here I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out.
Davek0974

Post by Davek0974 »

Start up,
load a job,
add say X tool change position,
save job
close job

tool change is maintained

re-open the same job and tool change is back to default (off)

seems the tool change is NOT being saved with the job and so it gets reset each time the job is loaded???

file attached

Dave
Attachments
Mill Test 1.job
(6.84 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Davek0974

Post by Davek0974 »

I can take the pressure off a little,

I have just changed my Mach3 Screen-set and it has all the needed tool change stuff built in as macros' so I don't need the Sheetcam features at present.

Would be good to know what the problem is though ;)
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The job file you sent me had nothing in the before and after tool change code. However if I add code and save the job it loads back with the tool change code in place. I have no explanation as to why it doesn't work for you. Try the attached job file. The before code should be 'before' and the after code should be 'after'.
Attachments
Mill Test 2.job
(6.86 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Davek0974

Post by Davek0974 »

Thanks Les,

I tried that file, it loads up with nothing at all in the before or after boxes, If i search the file itself using WordPad I can see the code you entered in the box.

My setup is a little odd...

Mac Laptop running Parallels virtual system with XP Pro running in it.

I am using SheetCam with two profiles - Mill and Plasma as separate systems, it used to be plasma only and i was running it without a profile.

I have no idea why it will not load the job data.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I can't think of any way that running on a virtual machine should cause a problem. If anything at the operating system level is causing issues I would expect it to break more than just tool change.

Could you send me SheetCam's ini file - go to Help->open settings folder. The file will be called 'SheetCam TNG' or 'SheetCam TNG.ini' depending on if you have file extensions hidden.