Issues when plate marking then plasma cutting

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Tm america

Issues when plate marking then plasma cutting

Post by Tm america »

I am having issues with a machine i set up with a plate marker and plasma cutter .If i operation for plate marker then plasma and post process for both of them it will mess up the line of code where it should rapid over to the first plasma start point..Instead of writing g00 then the x and y and then going onto the next line it will write g00 then the x any where the plate marker stopped then on the same line the x and y for where it should be starting the pierce .. This causes it to pierce at the place where the plate marker stopped then cut over to the point where the torch should pierce at..
The code ends up looking like this g00 x50 y50 f1270 x100 y100 when it should just be g00 x100 y100I have tried everything i can on the post processor side of things .. i think it is a bug in the part that has to do with the plate marker offset..If i do just plate marking or just plasma it works fine but when it plate marks then plasma it messes the code up everytime
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

What post processor are you using? Could you post a job file that demonstrates the problem.
Tm america

Post by Tm america »

Here is the screen shot of the line that is messed up as well as the gcode file and dxf file.. Les i am gonna email you my post processor as i don't want to just post it publicly
Attachments
plate marker-plasma test.dxf
(13.95 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Tm america

Post by Tm america »

Here is the screen shot of the g code and the problem line is highlighted
Attachments
plate marker-plasma test.PNG
plate marker-plasma test.PNG (76.03 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
Tm america

Post by Tm america »

Here is the g code file the issue is right after the tool change from plate marking to plasma
Attachments
plate marker-plasma test.tap
(11.85 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Tm america

Post by Tm america »

Here is another sample gcode with plate marker and plasma
Attachments
6 inch test new plate marker-plasma.tap
(7.48 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Tm america

Post by Tm america »

This one to is messed up right after the tool change.Here is a screen shot of the g code and the problem line is highlighted.I emailed you my post processor .. i keep looking thru the post processor and can't find anything that would cause it to do this
Attachments
6 inch test new plate marker-plasma test.PNG
6 inch test new plate marker-plasma test.PNG (78.22 KiB) Viewed 2515 times