Saving ALL SheetCam Settings

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
joepardy

Saving ALL SheetCam Settings

Post by joepardy »

Les,

With regards to saving & loading the settings within SheetCam …

I know that multiple Toolsets can be Opened, Saved and Loaded as needed – and it appears that toolsets are also saved with the Job.

I am assuming that any and all changes made to “Job Options” are saved inside the job files.

I am also assuming that any and all changes made to “Machine Options” are stored by the Load Machine / Save Machine buttons in the Save/Load tab.

However, I cannot find a place to save/load all of the “Application Options” and “Plug-In Options”

Is there an easy method to save ALL of the settings of the program into a single, or group of files? I have had situations with a system crash, system upgrade, or another operator changing the settings, where the ability to reset the software to a known state would have saved a lot of time and trouble.

Or is there already a file where the current application options and/or plugin options are located?

Your insight and guidance would be appreciated.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

If you go to Help->open settings folder you will find all of SheetCam's settings etc. The ini file contains most of SheetCam's settings including any plugin settings.
joepardy

Thanks

Post by joepardy »

Wow ... I did not know that was there :D

So, I assume that if I make a copy of default.tools, Sheetcam TNG Development Configuration, and the license.camlic files that will in effect save a snapshot of the SheetCam setup.

I assume that all of the .cached files are all temporary in nature.

Again, thanks ... a great piece of software ... and even better support!
Tm america

Post by Tm america »

I am working on setting up a batch install for my customers..Looking for an easy way to install all the sheetcam settings,path rules,post processors and tools at once when it installs.. This will allow me to make changes to the batch install and keep it up to date so customers can either update or install on replacement computers .. This will give them all the setting just add their license and they are good to go...Is there a way to do this?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

All you need to do is copy the files Joe mentioned. If you have a custom post you will also need to copy that.
Tm america

Post by Tm america »

So i would copy and paste these to the Sheetcam install download?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Yes, that would do it. Just make sure that no copies of SheetCam are running when you paste. SheetCam saves it's settings when it closes so if you have a copy running it's settings will be saved over the top of the ones you just pasted.
Tm america

Post by Tm america »

Thanks i will give that a try..