Newbie with SheetCam and Plasma Table not activating torch

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Chipneta

Newbie with SheetCam and Plasma Table not activating torch

Post by Chipneta »

Hello, I'm sure this is an easy one for somebody. When I did my first dry run all was good except my torch height, it was set at 2.02 for some reason...
I think I got that all set, but the thing that has me stuck now is, today I ran the tutorials in SheetCam from the help menu, it has the letters CAM to play with. I did this, and when I made G code then for that, a setting was changed because now whatever tool I run, has no torch fire. I can't find where that got changed as of yet. Been a few hours. Thanks!
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

At a guess you may be using the wrong post processor. What machine are you running and what post processor are you using?
Chipneta

Post by Chipneta »

Hi, I didn't actually check that, but each time I did check, or go thru my settings, it was correct..? The post processor I have checked is Mach 3 and that is the program I am using to run the g code for the machine.
I just went to check the machine computer too, both this one and that are mach 3. Thanks though!
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

If you are plasma cutting you need a plasma post processor. The 'Mach3 plasma' post is a good starting point. Do you have THC?
Chipneta

Post by Chipneta »

Yes, DTHCIV. I haven't tried cutting anything yet, I want to know what I'm doing first more than less. The first dry run I did I had to turn off DTHC and run manually so Mach would not wait for "flame ok". I watched the process and saw the torch turning off and on, watching what the code for each is.

Only after I ran the tutorial in SheetCam, did this new thing of no torch codes happen. When I made code for the tutorial, and ran it, I had forgotten to turn off the DTHC and noticed it didn't matter? I figured it was that way just for demonstration purposes, that's fine. But now, doesn't matter which DXF file I use, none have torch action.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That will happen if you are using the 'Mach3' post. That one is designed for milling/routing and won't work on a plasma. Try the 'Mach3 plasma' post. This is the simplest one and is ideal for testing and initial setup. It doesn't use any THC facilities. Once you have it working with that post switch over to the one supplied by CandCNC.
Chipneta

Post by Chipneta »

OK interesting...I'm not sure which one was supplied by CandCnc though, If there is I missed it. I will check on that with them. Still curious why it worked then did not without me changing that.
Chipneta

Post by Chipneta »

OK yes I see another pdf on the cd, it talks about using a different post processor the dthc hyt etc.. Sounds like that is it for sure. Thank you so much.
Gotta head to my real job for now but I'll be back late afternoon to try this out. Thanks again