ROTARY PLASMA

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
'Jose Maria Garcia' jm...

ROTARY PLASMA

Post by 'Jose Maria Garcia' jm... »

Hi Sheetcam users!!!!

Sorry guys, I am new using the rotary plasma module.

Question: When I do the simulation for the cutting of a round pipe, I see what it looks like the torch horizontally on the side (3 oclock) and not vertically at 12 oclock. And I think I might have the axis system rotated. Is there a different way in Sheetcam of placing a cut an "X" distance from the start of a pipe, other than JOB OPTIONS=>ORIGIN=>ENTER COORDINATES. Could I locate the "X" distance in the DXF file?

Could you please help me straight out these issues?

Thanks

__._,_.___
Posted by: "Jose Maria Garcia" <jmg@garcinox.com>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Les Newell les.newell@...

ROTARY PLASMA

Post by Les Newell les.newell@... »

Currently the plugin only works with the pipe horizontal. There is a post that swaps the axes but some people have had issues with it.

Les

On 09/02/2015 15:37, 'Jose Maria Garcia' jmg@garcinox.com (jmg@garcinox.com) [sheetcam] wrote:
Hi Sheetcam users!!!!

Question:  When I do the simulation for the cutting of a round pipe, I see what it looks like the torch horizontally on the side (3 oclock) and not vertically at 12 oclock.  And I think I might have the axis system rotated.  Is there a different way in Sheetcam of placing a cut an "X" distance from the start of a pipe, other than JOB OPTIONS=>ORIGIN=>ENTER COORDINATES.  Could I locate the "X" distance in the DXF file?

Thanks

__._,_.___
Posted by: Les Newell <les.newell@fastmail.co.uk>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Jose Maria Garcia jmg@...

ROTARY PLASMA

Post by Jose Maria Garcia jmg@... »

Yes Les, the Pipe is horizontal but when you run the simulator the torch is not vertical.

Jose

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 9, 2015, at 12:05 PM, Les Newell les.newell@fastmail.co.uk (les.newell@fastmail.co.uk) [sheetcam] <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:

Currently the plugin only works with the pipe horizontal. There is a post that swaps the axes but some people have had issues with it.

Les

On 09/02/2015 15:37, 'Jose Maria Garcia' jmg@garcinox.com (jmg@garcinox.com) [sheetcam] wrote:
Hi Sheetcam users!!!!

Question: When I do the simulation for the cutting of a round pipe, I see what it looks like the torch horizontally on the side (3 oclock) and not vertically at 12 oclock. And I think I might have the axis system rotated. Is there a different way in Sheetcam of placing a cut an "X" distance from the start of a pipe, other than JOB OPTIONS=>ORIGIN=>ENTER COORDINATES. Could I locate the "X" distance in the DXF file?

Thanks

__._,_.___
Posted by: Jose Maria Garcia <jmg@garcinox.com>

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___
Les Newell les.newell@...

ROTARY PLASMA

Post by Les Newell les.newell@... »

By default the simulator looks down from the top of the machine. Hold the shift key and drag with your mouse to rotate the display.

Les

On 09/02/2015 16:45, Jose Maria Garcia jmg@garcinox.com (jmg@garcinox.com) [sheetcam] wrote:
Yes Les, the Pipe is horizontal but when you run the simulator the torch is not vertical.

Jose

__._,_.___
Posted by: Les Newell <les.newell@fastmail.co.uk>

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___