Delay after pierce before moving to cut

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
ajfoxy

Post by ajfoxy »

Hi Les,
I am having a bit of difficulty with plasma. The machine appears to move prior to having either started or completed the pierce. The end result is I get a shape that is cut out except for small portions where I presume the pierce was supposed to start. Here the metal is still joined.
How would I put in a delay after pierce and before moving on to the cut?
Bladerunner DragonCut Parellel system.
Post MP3000 DTHC+scriber
SheetCam: 6.1.13

Alternatively a better POST for cutting thin material such as .9 mm sheet steel.
Kind regards
ajfoxy

Success comes in cans, failure in can'ts.
ajfoxy

Further to first post of torch moving before pierce.

Post by ajfoxy »

Hi Les,
Using the simulation in SheetCam I do notice that the torch does not fire until it has finished the lead in. Clearly negating the role of the lead in. So what appears to be happening is the torch is moving before the pierce.
Would you have any ideas on where this command to not fire until the end of the lead in comes from?
I have attached the job file of the project.

Thanks in advance for any help you can cast towards this problem.

Regards
Anthony
Attachments
sams logo alt for plasma.job
(115.64 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Kind regards
ajfoxy

ajfoxy

Further to first post of torch moving before pierce.

Post by ajfoxy »

Hi Les,
Using the simulation in SheetCam I do notice that the torch does not fire until it has finished the lead in. Clearly negating the role of the lead in. So what appears to be happening is the torch is moving before the pierce.
Would you have any ideas on where this command to not fire until the end of the lead in comes from?
I have attached the job file of the project.

Thanks in advance for any help you can cast towards this problem.

Regards
Anthony
Attachments
sams logo alt for plasma.job
(115.64 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Kind regards
ajfoxy

ajfoxy

Post by ajfoxy »

Hi Les, further investigation reveals if I use an arc as the lead in then in simulator it shows the torch firing at the start of the lead in. However, if I use a tangent or perpendicular lead in then the torch does not fire until the end of the lead in.
Kind regards
ajfoxy

Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That appears to be a quirk of the simulator whe pierce height and cut height are the same. For most cutting applications you have the pierce height higher than the cut height.

I ran the post processor and the g-code is correct.
ajfoxy

Post by ajfoxy »

Hi Les,It happens on the table as well. I was under the impression that on thinner material the pierce height could be the same as the cut height. So if I change the pierce height to be higher than the cut height it should sort itself out? I'll give that a shot and see. Thanks for the quick reply.

On 28 January 2015 at 20:48, Les Newell <forumadmin@forum.sheetcam.com (forumadmin@forum.sheetcam.com)> wrote:
That appears to be a quirk of the simulator whe pierce height and cut height are the same. For most cutting applications you have the pierce height higher than the cut height.

I ran the post processor and the g-code is correct.

Kind regards
ajfoxy

ajfoxy

Post by ajfoxy »

Thanks Les, you are a legend.
Changing the pierce height seems to have done the trick. At least on the simulator. I'll have to wait for the weekend to see how it runs on the table.
That would have been the last thing I would have looked at.

Thanks once again.
Kind regards
ajfoxy