Re: TNG Development V6.1.13 released

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
Don@Campbell-Gemstones...

Post by Don@Campbell-Gemstones... »

Hi Les

I just tried V6.1.13 and have ran into an interesting problem. I thought I saw the Z stepper fluttering near the end of the job so I held my fingers on the stepper shaft and sure enough it starts jettering, but not enough to show on the axis dial. At first, I though I had a noise issue with the Z, but without the spindle running, cutting air, the issue was still there.

It turns out that it is when I'm on the last one or two passes on a contour and am using 0.010 tabs. I was cutting to 0.0625 depth with 0.010" tabs. Looking at the Tap file, I'm seeing Z moves to 0.062 and following Z move to 0.0625, then back to 0.062" My jiettering is due to the 0.0005" moves. It turns out that the G03 or G0 moves have a 4 decimal point value for X, Y, nd Z, but a G01 move has 4 decimal points for X and Y, but only 3 for Z moves. Each G01 on the final pass would have a Z correction of 0.0005" between each G0-G01, of G03-G01.

My Post is Mach3. Checking that post, the Function OnMove has only three decimal point for the Z and everything else is 4. I checked the Stable version post and it is the same. OnArc and OnRapid both have 4.

I edited the post and added a zero for the Z and all is well.

I cheeked the post for Mach2 in Sheetcam and it was OK.

Though you guys should be aware.

Don

__._,_.___
Posted by: Don@Campbell-Gemstones.com

Visit Your Group

Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Les Newell les.newell@...

Post by Les Newell les.newell@... »

Hi Don,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into that when I get back to the office.

Les

On 21/12/14 00:21, Don@Campbell-Gemstones.com (Don@Campbell-Gemstones.com) [sheetcam] wrote:
Hi Les

I just tried V6.1.13 and have ran into an interesting problem.  I thought I saw the Z stepper fluttering near the end of the job so I held my fingers on the stepper shaft and sure enough it starts jettering, but not enough to show on the axis dial.  At first, I though I had a noise issue with the Z, but without the spindle running, cutting air, the issue was still there.

It turns out that it is when I'm on the last one or two passes on a contour and am using 0.010 tabs.  I was cutting to 0.0625 depth with 0.010" tabs.  Looking at the Tap file, I'm seeing Z moves to 0.062 and following Z move to 0.0625, then back to 0.062"  My jiettering is due to the 0.0005" moves.  It turns out that the G03 or G0 moves have a 4 decimal point value for X, Y, nd Z,  but a G01 move has 4 decimal points for X and Y, but only 3 for Z moves.  Each G01 on the final pass would have a Z correctio n of 0.0005" between each G0-G01, of G03-G01.

My Post is Mach3. Checking that post, the Function OnMove has only three decimal point for the Z and everything else is 4.  I checked the Stable version post and it is the same. OnArc and OnRapid both have 4.

I edited the post and added a zero for the Z and all is well.  

I cheeked the post for Mach2 in Sheetcam and it was OK.

Though you guys should be aware.  

Don

__._,_.___
Posted by: Les Newell <les.newell@fastmail.co.uk>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___