NESTED CUT - CANNOT COMPLETE EACH PART

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
Les Newell les.newell@...

NESTED CUT - CANNOT COMPLETE EACH PART

Post by Les Newell les.newell@... »

Sorry for the delay in replying. Go to Options->job options->nesting and select 'minimise tool changes'. This will make it mark the holes first.

Les

On 17/10/2014 23:19, beefyzee@bigpond.net.au (beefyzee@bigpond.net.au) [sheetcam] wrote:

There's a Sheetcam JOB file in the attached zip folder. It's a very simple cut for illustrating this problem.

I drew a disc with a small hole in the middle. Import into Sheetcam. In Sheetcam I put the small hole on a separate layer and use a drill operation on this layer to mark the hole centre, all good.

The outer circle is on the other layer and I apply a normal cutting operation.

With just the one part, the hole centres are marked and then the outer cut is done, all good.

Here's the problem: when I want to cut multiples of this part, whether I use copy, duplicate, multiple duplicate, or array, I cannot get the parts to complete one at a time, i.e. mark hole centre & cut outline on part 1, then move to part 2 and repeat. Instead Sheetcam wants to do all hole marking on every part before starting ANY outside cuts.

Can Sheetcam not do this. Tried selecting " ;Keep Parts Together" in the cutting operation, but obviously this won't help seeing as the hole marking is in drill operation.

Keith

__._,_.___
Posted by: Les Newell <les.newell@fastmail.co.uk>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___