Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
beefy3

Post by beefy3 »

There's a Sheetcam JOB file in the attached zip folder. It's a very simple cut for illustrating this problem.

I drew a disc with a small hole in the middle. Import into Sheetcam. In Sheetcam I put the small hole on a separate layer and use a drill operation on this layer to mark the hole centre, all good.

The outer circle is on the other layer and I apply a normal cutting operation.

With just the one part, the hole centres are marked and then the outer cut is done, all good.

Here's the problem: when I want to cut multiples of this part, whether I use copy, duplicate, multiple duplicate, or array, I cannot get the parts to complete one at a time, i.e. mark hole centre & cut outline on part 1, then move to part 2 and repeat. Instead Sheetcam wants to do all hole marking on every part before starting ANY outside cuts.

Can Sheetcam not do this. Tried selecting "Keep Parts Together" in the cutting operation, but obviously this won't help seeing as the hole marking is in drill operation.

Keith

__._,_.___
View attachments on the web Posted by: beefyzee@bigpond.net.au

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Attachments
COMPLETE_EACH_PART.zip
(2.18 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
mancavedweller

Post by mancavedweller »

Update:

Tried the same thing but replaced the drill operation (hole centre marking) with a normal plasma operation. So had two layers with two plasma operations. This time the whole part would complete before moving onto the next part.

So at this point in time it seems in nested cuts, a cut cannot be completed on a part (before moving to the next one) if multiple layers have different operation types.

Help Les, please tell me I'm missing something and this is not true.

Keith.