Hurco post processor

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
Scrambled1981

Hurco post processor

Post by Scrambled1981 »

Hi all:

I have an older Hurco MD3 mill that uses the Ultimax II controller. I can import g-code to this mill.

Does anyone have a post processor for sheetcam that will work with the Hurco?

Steve

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

__._,_.___
Posted by: "Steve Shelton" <shel888@bellsouth.net>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Scrambled1981

Hurco post processor

Post by Scrambled1981 »

Les

I updated my version of sheetcam, and found the Hurco post processor.

I was able to connect my computer to the mill by a serial cable, and use sheetcam's DNC feature to send the g code to the mill.

I did have two problems.

1. The post processor does not use the line numbers. 10n, 20n ect.

2. When the post processor runs, it adds stuff in ( ). The mill fault out when it gets to these steps. Is there a character I can use so the hurco ignores these lines? If not how do I keep sheetcam from writing these lines?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone
On Jul 4, 2014, at 6:26 PM, Yahoo posts <yahoo@forum.sheetcam.com> wrote:

Hi all:

I have an older Hurco MD3 mill that uses the Ultimax II controller. I can import g-code to this mill.

Steve
(http://www.avast.com/)
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus (http://www.avast.com/) protection is active.

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/she ... Q1MTEzNzQ-) New Members (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/she ... A0NTExMzc0) 1

Unsubscribe (sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe) &bull; Terms of Use (https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/)

__,_._,___

Les Newell les.newell@...

Hurco post processor

Post by Les Newell les.newell@... »

Hi Steve,

SheetCam comes with a Hurco Ultimax post processor. Give it a try and see if it works with your machine.

Les

On 04/07/2014 23:02, 'Steve Shelton' shel888@bellsouth.net (shel888@bellsouth.net) [sheetcam] wrote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Hi all:

Steve

__._,_.___
Posted by: Les Newell <les.newell@fastmail.co.uk>

Visit Your Group

Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Scrambled1981

Hurco post processor

Post by Scrambled1981 »

Les-

I was able to modify the post and make most stuff work. I am having a few problems that I need help with.

1. The feed rate for the moves is too slow. If sheetcam is programmed to 5 ipm, then when it gets the hurco the feed rate is .2. All I have to do is to edit the sheetcam post and change the 5 to a 5.0 and it works

2 The big item is the circles. I don't have a clue what is going on. Today I was testing on a piece of aluminum. I was able to drill 4--.25 holes with a drill bit. No problems except having to change the feed rate.

Next I tried to mill a radius on the end. The lead in worked. It was set to parallel, the milled followed the lead in. Then when it was to start the radius, it milled almost a straight line, but at a slight angle. Maybe 5 degrees.

any idea?

do you want me to send you my modified post processor?

Thanks

Steve

From: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sheetcam@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:03 AM
To: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [sheetcam] Hurco post processor

Hi Steve,

SheetCam comes with a Hurco Ultimax post processor. Give it a try and see if it works with your machine.

Les

On 04/07/2014 23:02, 'Steve Shelton' shel888@bellsouth.net (shel888@bellsouth.net) [sheetcam] wrote:
Hi all:

Steve

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___

Hurco post processor

Hi Steve,

To sort the feed rate, look for lines like this:
post.ModalNumber (" F", feedRate * scale, "0.###")
And change them to:
post.ModalNumber (" F", feedRate * scale, "0.0##")

Do you know if your machine needs absolute or incremental arc centres? The post is set up for incremental so if the machine expects absolute arcs it could do some odd things.

Les

On 10/07/2014 16:35, 'Steve Shelton' shel888@bellsouth.net (shel888@bellsouth.net) [sheetcam] wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} ..shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} <![endif]--> <![endif]--> <![endif]-->

Les-

I was able to modify the post and make most stuff work. I am having a few problems that I need help with.

1. The feed rate for the moves is too slow. If sheetcam is programmed to 5 ipm, then when it gets the hurco the feed rate is .2. All I have to do is to edit the sheetcam post and change the 5 to a 5.0 and it works

2 The big item is the circles. I don't have a clue what is going on. Today I was testing on a piece of aluminum. I was able to drill 4--.25 holes with a drill bit. No problems except having to change the feed rate.

Next I tried to mill a radius on the end. The lead in worked. It was set to parallel, the milled followed the lead in. Then when it was to start the radius, it milled almost a straight line, but at a slight angle. Maybe 5 degrees.

any idea?

Thanks

Steve

From: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com) [mailto:sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)]
To: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)

Hi Steve,

Les

Hi all:

Steve

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___
Scrambled1981

Hurco post processor

Post by Scrambled1981 »

Les-

I will change the feed rate.

I will have to try and find out about the arc centers.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 10, 2014, at 11:49 AM, "Les Newell les.newell@fastmail.co.uk (les.newell@fastmail.co.uk) [sheetcam]" <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:

Hi Steve,

And change them to:

Do you know if your machine needs absolute or incremental arc centres? The post is set up for incremental so if the machine expects absolute arcs it could do some odd things.

Les

On 10/07/2014 16:35, 'Steve Shelton' shel888@bellsouth.net (shel888@bellsouth.net) [sheetcam] wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} ..shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} <![endif]--> <![endif]--> <![endif]-->

Les-

any idea?

Thanks

Steve

From: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com) [mailto:sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)]

Hi Steve,

Les

Hi all:

Steve

__._,_.___
Posted by: Steve Shelton <shel888@bellsouth.net>

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___
Scrambled1981

Hurco post processor

Post by Scrambled1981 »

Les-

From what I can find, it looks like the Hurco Ultimax II controller uses absolute arc centers.

What needs to be changed so I can use this post?

I think I have everything else figured out.

Thanks for all your help

Steve

Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 11:49 AM

Hi Steve,

And change them to:

Les

Les-

any idea?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Les

Hi all:

Steve

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___

Hurco post processor

Hi Steve,

In function OnArc(), look for this code:
post.Text (" I")
post.Number ((arcCentreX - currentX) * scale, "0.0###")
post.Text (" J")
post.Number ((arcCentreY - currentY) * scale, "0.0###")

and chenge it to:
post.Text (" I")
post.Number ((arcCentreX) * scale, "0.0###")
post.Text (" J")
post.Number ((arcCentreY) * scale, "0.0###")

Les

On 10/07/2014 22:33, 'Steve Shelton' shel888@bellsouth.net (shel888@bellsouth.net) [sheetcam] wrote:
Les-

From what I can find, it looks like the Hurco Ultimax II controller uses absolute arc centers.

Thanks for all your help

Steve

Hi Steve,

And change them to:

Les

Les-

any idea?

Thanks

Steve

From: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com) [mailto:sheetcam@yahoogroups.com]

Hi Steve,

Les

Hi all:

Steve

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___
Scrambled1981

Hurco post processor

Post by Scrambled1981 »

Les-

I made the changes to both the feed and the OnArc moves.

It did the trick. So far everything is working.

Thanks for the help

Steve

Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 8:13 AM

Hi Steve,

In function OnArc(), look for this code:
post.Text (" I")
post.Number ((arcCentreX - currentX) * scale, "0.0###")
post.Text (" J")
post.Number ((arcCentreY - currentY) * scale, "0.0###")

and chenge it to:
post.Text (" I")
post.Number ((arcCentreX) * scale, "0.0###")
post.Text (" J")
post.Number ((arcCentreY) * scale, "0.0###")

Les

On 10/07/2014 22:33, 'Steve Shelton' shel888@bellsouth.net (shel888@bellsouth.net) [sheetcam] wrote:
Les-

Thanks for all your help

Steve

Hi Steve,

And change them to:

Les

Les-

any idea?

Thanks

Steve

From: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com) [mailto:sheetcam@yahoogroups.com]

Hi Steve,

Les

Hi all:

Steve

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___