Development 5.1.23 and 5.1.25 crashes during startup

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
JBS_SOLUTIONS

Development 5.1.23 and 5.1.25 crashes during startup

Post by JBS_SOLUTIONS »

Hello,
I have a problem with the program Development. After update to version 5.1.23 program crashes at startup. I was hope that the next version 5.1.25 will be free of this error, but it doesent. After updating the program to 25 it launch and worked fine but only one time. I shut down program and run again, unfortunetlu crashes same way as 23. I was updating threw update pop-up window but now its imposible, and I download exe from site and install it without uninstall previous version. After update to 23 I could not longer run it even after downgrade to 5.1.19.
Sorry for my english :oops:

That's how it crashes
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I can't think of anything that would also affect older versions. Try restarting your computer before downgrading. Does that help?
JBS_SOLUTIONS

Post by JBS_SOLUTIONS »

Hi,
I've tried many combinations:
1 reboot before and after installation / uninstallation
2 installing version 25,23,19
3 uninstalling the previous version and deleting the folder
4 installing in a different folder than before
5 updating windows and repeat 1-4 points

I dont install program on the C drive (SSD is to small for soft that does not use drive alot), could it have an influence on soft crashing?

BUT! today before i tried instaling again i run twice version 23 without any problem, on third try it crashes for good.

again sorry for my english
JBS_SOLUTIONS

Post by JBS_SOLUTIONS »

Hello,
After update to 5.1.30 everything works great. I've done restart couple times program and system, and it hasnt crash Sheetcam at all.
Until I run Mach plugin, it crashed and acts same as before. It doesnt start up any more. Reinstalling 5.1.30 version doesnt help.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Does it work correctly if you disable the Mach plugin?
JBS_SOLUTIONS

Post by JBS_SOLUTIONS »

Hello,
I can't tell You that, because when it crash once i cannot run it again, and problem is exactly the same as in first post of this topic. Screen after crash is also the same.
Reinstalling, restarting and uninstalling doesnt work.
Maybe plugin is not the problem, and it was just a coincidence, but it happened just after i ran Mach.
JBS_SOLUTIONS

Post by JBS_SOLUTIONS »

Hello!
I've finaly found the solution of this problem. If i run Sheetcam in compatibility mode for win xp or later it will run. Even if i chose windows 7 it also run perfectly fine. But only if i uncheck w compatibility mode it crashes as on the begining of this topic.
PS. Mach plugin work great also!