Array Display SheetCam Dev w/Linux And Wine

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
PK

Array Display SheetCam Dev w/Linux And Wine

Post by PK »

Les,

I have SheetCam Dev v.5.1.30 and have an issue seeing the parts when trying to Array a job. Actually, the problem starts when I click on the Nesting icon. A Windows 7 test system seems OK, but on three different Ubuntu setups, I can't see any parts in the display. If I create an operation first and then try to Array the parts, I see all the resulting tool paths, so I know the parts are there which is also confirmed by looking in the Parts side window - The main part plus the duplicates all show up there.

The three Linux boxes each have different video setups: One generic, one Intel, and one AMD/ATI. All the same.

Can you recreate this on your end?

Thanks...
Paul
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Array Display SheetCam Dev w/Linux And Wine

Post by Les Newell »

PK wrote: I have SheetCam Dev v.5.1.30 and have an issue seeing the parts when trying to Array a job. Actually, the problem starts when I click on the Nesting icon. A Windows 7 test system seems OK, but on three different Ubuntu setups, I can't see any parts in the display. If I create an operation first and then try to Array the parts, I see all the resulting tool paths, so I know the parts are there which is also confirmed by looking in the Parts side window - The main part plus the duplicates all show up there.
I just tried 5.1.30 under Wine and it worked for me. Could you set up a job that demonstrates the problem then save it. Next go to Help->create a support file. Email the support file to me rather than using the built-in uploader.
PK

Post by PK »

Support file sent. Thanks Les.

Here is what I do when the problem occurs:

Start SheetCam new. Import DXF. Click on array icon and all looks OK. I then place my mouse over the table display and rotate the mouse wheel either way and the dxf part disappears. I can go ahead and array the part blindly and still only see table and no parts. I can look in the side Parts window and see all the duplicates by clicking on the "+" sign. After clicking on these duplicate entries in the side window (seemingly randomly) and after enough selecting, all the parts show up as arrayed. After this appearance, I cannot get the parts to disappear again while SheetCam stays running. I can click on new job and not save the current work and go through all the above and all parts display as they should.

If I quit SheetCam and turn around and restart SheetCam, the parts will disappear again as described above.

I can now get it going, it's just not right.

Paul
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I still can't replicate this one. Even with your settings and drawing it nests fine on every machine I have tried. I don't know what else to do.
PK

Post by PK »

Thanks for trying, Les.

And I'm sure you started from a new process of SheetCam?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Yup. Started SheetCam, loaded your drawing then nested it.
PK

Post by PK »

Thanks. I will try another reinstall from fresh and see.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The latest dev version (V5.1.31) has a fix which may make a difference. Give it a try and see what happens.
PK

Post by PK »

Les - The latest development version did not fix my problem. I did delete my config file (as opposed to just renaming it), reconfigured SheetCam and all is well with my display during array. Not sure why deleting the ini file fixed it when renaming it caused a reconfigure, too.

Now, here is something else (sorry). The latest version does not import my previously contours as closed. When I go back to my CAD program and connect the contour as one polyline, that fixes that in SheetCam, but then the next adjacent contour shows as open in SheetCam. I tried savinf the DXF in different version, but that didn't seem to change and detection in SheetCam. I changed Arc fitting tolerance, but no help.

As of now, I went back to v.5.1.30 with the same config file and those drawings import all original files as closed contours... ??

Thank you...
Paul
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Could you send me a problem drawing. I have made some changes in the drawing import code but I can't replicate your fault with the drawings I have here.
PK

Post by PK »

Support file sent. Thanks Les.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I found the problem and am uploading a fix now...
PK

Post by PK »

Thanks Les. DXF imports fine now.

Paul