Scanything / CandCNC setup

General chat and non SheetCam related discussion
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That is not right and it would explain why it wouldn't calibrate. I think I need to get a SmoothStepper here before I can do much more.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Les - I received my USB microscope (Andonstar) - MUCH better picture for your software to work with, but still no go. As you thought, it will need some tuning yet.

Just curious, were you able to acquire a ESS board? If needed, I would be happy to "donate" to your R&D. (Maybe a trade for a license someday)
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I now have a UC100 that also doesn't jog. I am now looking into why this is but I will be away for a few days so it may be a little while before I have a solution.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

The same "2 button" presses to get movement?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Actually no movement at all but I now know why this is happening. I still need to do some experiments to get it working properly.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi Les - Just curious if you have had time to look into the ESS system? Thanks
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Could you give this a try. Unzip the contants of the attachment into c:\Mach3\PluginIns, overwriting the existing copy of the plugin.
Attachments
SheetCamRemote.zip
(6.2 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

"It's Alive!!" - Honestly, I was a little worried that you wouldn't be able to interface with the newer "ethernet" system, but you managed to figure out how. Now I just need to do more "tuning" on my end to get better quality scans. (lighting, possibly paint the edges of my parts to get better contrast)

I did notice that the display says "mm" although I have Mach running in "inches". Let me know if you need more testing.

John
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

It will be interesting to see how the Ethernet version behaves when you are scanning. The units issue is a known problme. I'll try to fix it for the next release.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Did a few more scans and it seems to be working pretty good. Just curious, would it be possible to incorporate a sort of "minimum segment size" when it outputs the DXF?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Did a few more scans and it seems to be working pretty good. Just curious, would it be possible to incorporate a sort of "minimum segment size" when it outputs the DXF?
Currently the outlines are optimised to give reasonably smooth results while still maintaining accuracy. It would be possible to make this adjustable so you can increase the segment size. I'll see what I can do for the next release.