Open paths were not offset...

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Striplar

Open paths were not offset...

Post by Striplar »

I'm new to SheetCam and can't understand why I'm getting the above error. Most of the work I do uses nibs or bridges, whatever you call them, so the paths will almost always be open. Am I missing something?
Surely it should be possible to say compensate to the left or right of any given line or figure given a start point?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Open paths were not offset...

Post by Les Newell »

Striplar wrote:I'm new to SheetCam and can't understand why I'm getting the above error. Most of the work I do uses nibs or bridges, whatever you call them, so the paths will almost always be open. Am I missing something?
Surely it should be possible to say compensate to the left or right of any given line or figure given a start point?
Open your cut operation and go to the cut path tab. You should see an option to offset open paths. If the offset is on the wrong side move the start point to the other end of the line.

SheetCam has the ability to automatically add tabs. It would probably be better to get SheetCam to add the tabs rather than cutting your drawing up.
Striplar

Re: Open paths were not offset...

Post by Striplar »

Many thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. I'll look at the option you mention.