Reverse Cut Side

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
MajorMetal

Reverse Cut Side

Post by MajorMetal »

Why cant I get it to reverse cut side? I am sure I have done it before. I switch to No Offset and then click to show the starting points and right click on reverse cut side but it only changes that one starting point. I had 50 different starting points and had to change each one individually. I am sure I have done this before and when you reversed one starting point it reversed them all. Thank you in advance.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

With 'no offset' you can only change one start point at at time. One workaround is to define a very small cutter diameter and use inside or outside offset.
MajorMetal

Post by MajorMetal »

The issue I am having is when using outside offset is that I have two tool paths that get close together and then widen out. It will actually stop cutting where the paths get too close together and then start back up where they come apart. If I change to no offset it solves the problem but reverses cut side on all my lead ins. So I should just make the cutter diameter smaller and continue to use outside offset? thank you
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Yes you can reduce the cutter diameter or you can change the finish allowance. Use a negative value to reduce the offset. For instance if your cutter is 0.25 diameter and you use a finish allowance of -0.1 the resultant offset will be just 0.025"
MajorMetal

Post by MajorMetal »

Does it matter that I am plasma cutting? I cannot find where I can change the finish allowance. And when you say reduce cutter diameter do you mean the kerf width? Thanks again and sorry for the questions
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

If you are plasma cutting you won't have an option for finish allowance. Just reduce the kerf width instead.