resizing parts in sheetcam

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
crogers854

Post by crogers854 »

I have deltacad and sheetcam. when I draw a picture in deltacad and save it as a dxf file, it opens fine in sheetcam,all is well...when I import a dxf file and open it in deltacad it opens 5 times or more larger. I can resize the file in delta and save, however when I open it up in sheetcam the same thing happens. Can a part be resized in sheetcam? I tried changing the units from inches to mm. That did nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Craig
crogers854@aol.com
573-747-9779

------------------------------------
Leslie Newell

Post by Leslie Newell »

Hi Craig,

When you open the drawing you are presented with a bunch of options. If
you select a custom scale factor, you can enter any scale factor you want.

Les

On 11/05/10 19:41, crogers854 wrote:
[quote]I have deltacad and sheetcam. when I draw a picture in deltacad and save it as a dxf file, it opens fine in sheetcam,all is well...when I import a dxf file and open it in deltacad it opens 5 times or more larger. I can resize the file in delta and save, however when I open it up in sheetcam the same thing happens. Can a part be resized in sheetcam? I tried changing the units from inches to mm. That did nothing.

Thanks,
Craig
crogers854@aol.com
573-747-9779

CRogers854

Post by CRogers854 »

Hi Les,
Thanks for the fast reply. Are you talking about when you open sheetcam having a bunch of options. I have no option for custom scale factor. I am attaching a file for you to tryout in sheet cam.

Thanks,
Craig
573-747-9779

-----Original Message-----
To: sheetcam@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, May 11, 2010 5:29 pm
Subject: Re: [sheetcam] resizing parts in sheetcam

Hi Craig,

When you open the drawing you are presented with a bunch of options. If
you select a custom scale factor, you can enter any scale factor you want.

Les

On 11/05/10 19:41, crogers854 wrote:
[quote]I have deltacad and sheetcam. when I draw a picture in deltacad and save it as a dxf file, it opens fine in sheetcam,all is well...when I import a dxf file and open it in deltacad it opens 5 times or more larger. I can resize the file in delta and save, however when I open it up in sheetcam the same thing happens. Can a part be resized in sheetcam? I tried changing the units from inches to mm. That did nothing.

Thanks,
Craig
crogers854@aol.com
573-747-9779

Leslie Newell

Post by Leslie Newell »

Hi Craig,

This group does not allow attachments. When you import the drawing a a
box pops up called 'Drawing options'. On the left hand side you will
find the scaling options.

Les

CRogers854@aol.com wrote:
Hi Les,
Thanks for the fast reply. Are you talking about when you open sheetcam having a bunch of options. I have no option for custom scale factor. I am attaching a file for you to tryout in sheet cam.

Thanks,
Craig
573-747-9779

dudleycoons

Re: resizing parts in sheetcam

Post by dudleycoons »

I also have had difficulty with this. I use Fusion 360. When I put it in Sheetcam it is much smaller. I use the size options to increase it, but it is very hard to make exact size as in Fusion 360. Any suggestions? Should I do something different in Fusion?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: resizing parts in sheetcam

Post by Les Newell »

Could you let me have n example drawing, along with some dimensions. I'll take a look and see what scale factor is correct.

By the way it's better to create a new thread rather than resurrecting a 10 year old thread.