Job area in report ????

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Vmax549

Job area in report ????

Post by Vmax549 »

HIYA LES, Could you please check the math in the job report parameters for the job area.

It seems to be OFF just a tad(;-)

The new report is working great just the math is off on area

** Would there be any way to bring over to the report the material info such as the material file name. I used the saved file name to describe the material such as crs_14ga. Seeing how there is no place in the material screen to apply this info I used the filename. Really would like to bring this INFO to the report. That way when it is time to do the job that info is available to make sure there is material to do the job.

Thanks (;-) TP
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I'll fix it for the next release.
** Would there be any way to bring over to the report the material info such as the material file name.
Hmm, how about if I add a 'Notes' tab to the job options? These notes would appear in the report.
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

HI Les,

What I am trying to do is setup Scam to run in confuction with TomC's CandCNC plasma setup as a fluid unit for production.

In his setup he has a section to preselect the material and it has all the machine setup info in table form. ( works well if you know what you are cutting)

I was hoping to be able to include enough info from Scam to complement the machine setup for the operator.

The best approach would be to have enough info available from Scams material file AND be able to print it to the report.

TWO things are important that need to stay with the "saved job" would be the material description and thickness.

1. Material desc " CRSx14ga" tells the operator WHAT he needs to cut in one definition.

You have already fixed the material size and area for US(thanks)

If we can just get this added to the material file AND it stay with the saved job and then be able to add it to the report I would be a happy camper.

IF they have to ADD notes I fear they will forget half the time as they do now.

BUT IF notes is all we can get then it will work(;-)

Thanks, (;-) Terry

PS: IS there any way to PRINT the drawing(part) from Scam?(getting lazy now)
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

Les, Sent you an Email with a report example we use.

(;-) TP