Toolset sharing

If you have any problems accessing the forum or email then ask here.
Redge

Toolset sharing

Post by Redge »

Hello, i can i ask you a favor ? Im a new designer and i would like to ask you if you can share your toolset. Im self learning how to make gcode and it could help me a lot. Im watching for plasma/flame tools and we cut thick plate up to 5/8 for plasma and
and usually 3/4 and 1 inch flame cutting. Thank you verry much !!
djreiswig

Re: Toolset sharing

Post by djreiswig »

Toolsets are based on what plasma cutter you have. They are all a little different. What cutter are you using?
Redge

Post by Redge »

Hypertherm powermax 105.

I know that each machine have their own setting. I would like to compare with mine to give me an idea if I'm on the right track.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

I'm running a 65 at the book settings. Do you have a book?
Redge

Post by Redge »

They always let it on 90A. The operator isn't so good. I started from scratch, my predecessor gave me no training and to be honest, they had only 2 tools in their list. I'm starting to create, I'm doing well with the plasma, but for flame cutting it's something else. But I realized that I have to put the holes on another layer and slow down the speed, i will test it soon. I dont know what is a book settin, is it a kind of chart ?
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

https://www.hypertherm.com/Download?fil ... &zip=False
Screenshot_20190906-151621.png
Screenshot_20190906-151621.png (147.11 KiB) Viewed 6656 times
Section 6 has kerf width and cut charts. Find the correct chart for the amp consumables you are using.
For flame cutting I think we found a chart from the maker of the torch tip we are using. Shows gas pressures, kerf & feedrate.
Redge

Post by Redge »

Thanks, i found a pdf manual of Powermax 105 with some chart https://www.hypertherm.com/Download?fil ... &zip=False

Page 85-92-93-94 I think its could be a good start for my tools, im gonna make some adjustment if needed.