Small feature re. Material thickness

Request and discuss new features
Peter_tata

Small feature re. Material thickness

Post by Peter_tata »

Hi,
I humbly ask to consider addition of data into the auto-generated name of every created operation in the Operations block of the program main window.
Now it only shows Type of the operation, Layer, Tool Details and Depth of machining. Material thickness would be a very valuable addition.
To check the current Material thickness one has to go to the Operation Properties Window which is time-consuming when working with multiple job files... Please add Material info into the name of an operation.
Also, it is inconvenient to split an order (a "job", actually) containing parts of more than one thickness into separate job files (because Material thickness Setting is effective through all parts in the job file)… I think that or similar kind of request had been posted before, I am sorry if I raise a question that was dealt with before...
Thank you.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Small feature re. Material thickness

Post by Les Newell »

I don't think putting it in the name would be all that useful. The name can already get pretty long.
When you edit an operation the material thickness is shown just above the 'Edit material' button.
Also, it is inconvenient to split an order (a "job", actually) containing parts of more than one thickness into separate job files (because Material thickness Setting is effective through all parts in the job file)…
A 'job' in SheetCam basically refers to a sheet. SheetCam isn't really set up for multiple sheets at the moment. I think adding material thickness to individual parts would be inconvenient for a large percentage of SheetCam users.