Adding pauses every so many parts to check consmables?

Request and discuss new features
Tm america

Adding pauses every so many parts to check consmables?

Post by Tm america »

I am looking for a way to add a pause script to the g code every so many parts or so many pierces. Something that can be done in the post processor and can be changed..It would need to add the @pause script right after the the m5 command .. ....
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The 'Mach3 plasma pauses' post does this. Do you have THC on your machine.
Tm america

Post by Tm america »

My machines do not run mach.. they run arduino based controllers that run marlin firmware with repetier host for the driver software.. so it needs @pause for the code to pause it
Tm america

Post by Tm america »

I emailed you my post processor and some gcode samples....The pause would be used to pause the machine untill the consumables have been check and the resume button would need to be pushed to make the machine start cutting again..Maybe something that has variables like pause after ever 10,50,100 cuts or pierces.or every 1000 inches of cut..With arduino based firmware the @pause command causes the machine to pause till the resume button is pushed.. this allows for consumable changes,filament changes.tool changes.. whatever you might need to do based on the operation you are doing..This would be very useful on large nested sheets of parts to help avoid torch misfires due to worn consumables..It would also be helpful to deal with parts tip ups..
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Could you re-send the post and samples. I can't find your email.