feed hold on z move

Request and discuss new features
cwalker1960

feed hold on z move

Post by cwalker1960 »

Is there any way to have it produce a feed hold at each z move? I only have x and y axis on my bridgeport at the moment and have to manually set z. I do have a dro on the z axis.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

What control are you using on your machine? I have a post processor for Mach3 that does this. It wouldn't take much to convert it to run a different machine.
cwalker1960

Post by cwalker1960 »

Les Newell wrote:What control are you using on your machine? I have a post processor for Mach3 that does this. It wouldn't take much to convert it to run a different machine.
That's what I was hoping for and I'm using mach 3 to run it..

Not to change the topic but while we're on post processors, how do I have 2 different ones? I've already got one set up for my plasma table that's working great and I didn't know how to add a 2nd one for the milling machine and then swap between the 2.

the whole thread should be in problems and questions category. I thought that's where i was when I posted it , sorry
cwalker1960

feed hold on z move

Post by cwalker1960 »

Hey Les,
Don't know what happened. I still need the post for feed hold on z move and I am using mach3 to control the mill.
cbhammer

Post by cbhammer »

I'm not sure about the feed hold, but to switch between multiple posts, just go to Options->Machine->Post Processor (tab)->Post processor (drop down menu).

If you want to create a new post, I recommend copying an existing one. To do this open a Windows Explorer window and locate the SheetCam TNG files. Mine are at C:\Program Files (x86)\SheetCam TNG Development\Posts. Onec there copy the one that is closest to what you want and paste it in that same folder. You can now rename the one that ends with "Copy" to whatever you want to call it. Now go back to Options->Machine->Post Processor (tab)->Post processor (drop down menu) and you should see your new post.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense. For the feed hold perhaps you could just add a pause at every Z move?
cwalker1960

Post by cwalker1960 »

I figured that one out , when in post processor tab click save load and save the new post to a new name, then you can load whichever you want when needed. which I kinda figured , but I had went through so much getting my thc with scribe post to work right , I was scared to mess with it so I tried it out on another computer first.
and for the post for hold on z , Les got back to me , use the mach3 2d post, and it works exactly as I had imagined it could. life is good again. well at least as good as it can be with a manual z axis