overcut

Request and discuss new features
HAPPYDANE

overcut

Post by HAPPYDANE »

Love the new feature for adding overcut to part but there is one problem I tab all small parts (tab at end of cut) now with the new overcut feature
I have to change the part into 2 layers or it will stop at the tab and then go over the tab and go back down to do the overcut
I not sure if there is anyway to tell the Post to not do overcut after @ tab or maybe the overcut feature need a option of being able
to eliminate the overcut on out side of part or on holes or vice versa

Happydane
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Are you plasma cutting?
HAPPYDANE

Post by HAPPYDANE »

No Water jet cutting
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

If you want a tab to hold the part in place, why do you need overcut?
Just a thought - you can use a negative value for overcut so you can do away with the tabs completely.
HAPPYDANE

Post by HAPPYDANE »

Didn't think about using negative on overcut that actually better and easier than tabs
So thank you for that
But here is what I do
I put overcut on my holes/slots (makes them perfect with slowing down the machine)
but don't overcut the outside of part because of the tab
So that why I'm asking if there is any way to get away from making 2 layers
it would be nice if so with 2 layers I really have be careful with the in/outside offset
hsolve

Over cut

Post by hsolve »

Good morning Les
I am new to your forum, however noticed the topic on overcut. I have been doing some plasma cutting and when the plasma does it's lead in (I set up arc lead in and lead out) there is a small divit left. After reading the overcut topic and seeing this forum topic which states it has been resolved, how do I get the 'resolution'. I have sheetcam stable version purchased from candcnc.
I could send you some photos to show what is happening and the sheetcam file, as I may be doing something wrong.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

To a certain extent you always get a small mark at the leadin point. You may want to play around with the overcut settings to see if they help. You can find overcut in your jet cutting operation, just under 'Max chain length'. If you can't find it you may have an older version of SheetCam. In that case download and install the latest version. Installing the latest version won't affect your license or settings.
hsolve

overcut

Post by hsolve »

Good morning les
Thankyou for your speedy reply, I do have Version 6.0.15 which does have this function. I have added a 5mm overcut to one of my drawing files, ran the simulator and seems that will fix my problems. I am slowly learning!!!
Thanks again.