Option To Link To DXF Instead Of Import

Request and discuss new features
PK

Option To Link To DXF Instead Of Import

Post by PK »

Would it be possible to have Sheetcam link to a DXF instead of importing the drawing?

At times, I can have a job all ready to go when I receive a revision to the drawing. It would be nice to have a Sheetcam job linked to a DXF, so changes could be made to the drawing in a CAD program and then open Sheetcam and run the post processor on the updated drawing using the operations previously setup.

Paul
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Oddly enough the very early releases of SheetCam did link directly to the drawing files instead of storing them internally the the job files but that was very unpopular.

However drawing import does not change any of your settings. If you have a job set up and import a new drawing into that job all of the settings will be applied to that new drawing.This does pretty much what you want but you do have the extra step of importing the drawing.
finnzwerg

Post by finnzwerg »

Les Newell wrote: However drawing import does not change any of your settings. If you have a job set up and import a new drawing into that job all of the settings will be applied to that new drawing.This does pretty much what you want but you do have the extra step of importing the drawing.
Hello,

I am looking for the same feature.
How can I do the job set up?

Is it possible to make an Operation for "Layer1" out of all parts?

Is it possible to coppy all Operations from one Part to another part?
At the moment I can only coppy one Operation by one Operation (with ctrl + c and ctrl + v).

Thank you for your help.

Regards Finn
finnzwerg

Post by finnzwerg »

hey can anybody help me with this problem? :(
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Unfortunately you can't do this at the moment. I will look inot linking one set of operations to all parts.
finnzwerg

Post by finnzwerg »

Hey Les,
this would be a huge assistance for me. At the moment I have 50 different parts in one job.

Are their a option/plans for folders in the partsection?
Or at least sort them after the alphabet? It would really help to find the needed part quicker.

Regards
Finn
aron

Post by aron »

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for this very useful
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I am not too sure how to handle folders. I'll look into it. I think being able to link operations is probably more important though.