New Wish List item

Request and discuss new features
Pete Stenabaugh

New Wish List item

Post by Pete Stenabaugh »

Les, I have an item I would like to add to the wish list. I have been using the tabs feature on SC lately, and I would like to request that the tabs be upgraded to allow vertical ramping up and down to create the tabs (as well as the way they work now).

The problem with the way they are now, is that the cutter actually stops momentarily while it moves up and down the Z axis to create the tab. If we had the ability to have 3D tabs, then perhaps we could have the cutter ramp up and then ramp down without actually stopping or slowing down.

This is a recent feature of Vcarve 3.0, which works quite well in the 3D tab mode, no get no unusual marks on the material.

Something similar in SC would be really nice to have.

One other question.....If I specify a finish allowance on a profile cut, is this specified amount of material actually left on the part, as opposed to being left there and actually cut away on the last past?

If it is actually left there, no problem as we can just run the same profile for the finish cut. This way a person could rough out the part leaving say 0.050" using a roughing cutter, then change cutters, and finish up with a regular slot drill or what ever.

Thanks,

Pete
Les Newell
Site Admin

New Wish List item

Post by Les Newell »

Hi Pete,

I will look into ramping the tabs. Ramping down isn't a problem but
ramping up is. To ramp up SheetCam has to look ahead to figure out when
to start the ramp. As the code is written at the moment this is quite
difficult to do.

Finish allowance is the amount of material left behind. You need to then
specify another cut process to clean up.

Les
Pete Stenabaugh

Post by Pete Stenabaugh »

That would be great Les, thanks for the reply

Pete