Newbie need help with cnc flame cutter

General chat and non SheetCam related discussion
asuratman

Newbie need help with cnc flame cutter

Post by asuratman »

Hello,
I am newbie to sheetcam here, I have cnc table with flame cutter without THC. I have learned sheetcam basically to make program for flame cutter from tutorial help. I made simple program just want to try it. I have not run any sheetcam program on my machine but now I have mach3 cnc plasma program configure with THC. I have 2 hoses and 3 hoses cutting torch, which one is recommended to be used?

How to set up or configure mach3 for this flame cutter without THC ?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

As you have no THC the 'Mach3 plasma' post should do what you want. This post turns on the spindle output to turn on the cutting gas.

I am guessing that your 3 hose torch has one fuel and two oxygen hoses. The spindle output would be used to control a solenoid valve that turns on the cutting oxygen. A 2 hose torch would have to be set up with cutting oxygen running all of the time which would be pretty wasteful when preheating. However it would be simpler to set up as you would not need a solenoid valve.
Scott V

Post by Scott V »

Your two hose torch has a lever to control the O2 for cutting.If you put a pause in, then you can flip the lever for cutting..Simple, and works well..
jammartinez760

Post by jammartinez760 »

thank you guys I have almost the same problem and you advices help me :D