NEW TO CNC AND SHEETCAM

General chat and non SheetCam related discussion
JHOP

NEW TO CNC AND SHEETCAM

Post by JHOP »

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT I CAN PAY TO TALK ME AND A PARTNER THROUGH THE PROCESS OF START TO FINISH IN IMPORTING A DXF DRAWING,CHECKING THE VARIOUS STEPS IN STARTING POINTS, START AND STOP POINTS, HOW TO ELIMINATE AND OR MANAGE MODIFYING # OF NODES ON POLYLINES-IN GENERAL HOW TO END WITH CUTTING A USABEL PRODUCT.THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE TO TWO NEWBIES--JHOP@AOL.COM
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

There are some good video tutorials here http://www.cncinformation.com/sheetcam-videos/. They may help.
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Yeah, we've been watching those. It seems the version Ivan is using in his videos is a different version than we have. We are using the 2.0.11 ver. right now.

We made some progress last night but still having some issues.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Yes, it is an older version but most things work pretty much the same. Have you looked at the tutorials in Help->tutorials?
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Yeah, I discovered a jump between videos. Ivan starts one of the videos with a jet that already has the cut path established. He didn't do that step in the previous video.

The tutorials reference an icon to do that process...but it doesn't look the same in the newer version. Took me forever to find it but I finally found it.

After generating the process I did a dry run with the table and it seemed to do fine but I noticed there are no commands to turn the plasma on or off during the job. I've double checked my post processor settings and have even changed them to a couple others to see if it might generate the code differently to no avail. (It's a Mach3 processor and I see that sheetcam comes with 5 or 6 Mach3 options)

Hope I'm making sense with this.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Make sure you use a plasma post. If you use a milling post you will get the results you are seeing. Try the Mach3 plasma post.
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Well, I've tried all three.

Mach3
Mach3 plasma
Mach3 plasma pause

All three give me the same code results of not turning the plasma on and off.

Thoughts?
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

I'm sorry Les, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can see in the code it inputs the "M03" and "M05" again on all three post options. I've even tried a totally different DXF file and get the same results with each one.
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

Sorry Les to be such a newbie on this. I just ran the same DXF file through LazyCam and looked at the G-Code it generated. I was under the assumption that the "M Codes" were only for milling so that was why it was throwing me. It produced the exact same codes, it just labeled them a little more with (Plasma on) and (Plasma off) after the codes.

Thanks for your patience.
adlena

Post by adlena »

nice video tutorials thanks for sharing
ukracer

Post by ukracer »

adlena wrote:nice video tutorials thanks for sharing
I am new to all of this and just had my account enabled but when I try to view those videos it says account suspended.

Any suggestions appreciated..
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

The web site has been disabled, but you can go to youtube and view the videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/arttocnc