modify tool of a tap

General chat and non SheetCam related discussion
lkigam

modify tool of a tap

Post by lkigam » Wed May 29, 2019 8:11 am

i want to modify my tool on a tap all rady done as post prosesor
jut fin out that for my THC to work i need to chage some setting
im cuttien a 1/4 plate and post for 1/8 and is a very big desing dont want to do all the work took my like 10 hrs do any one modify they tool after making this post i did not save my desing i have it on DXF and on TAP
thanks

Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: modify tool of a tap

Post by Les Newell » Wed May 29, 2019 10:12 am

In the future I would recommend that for complicated jobs you save the job (File->save job). Job files contain your drawings, tools and operations so you can quickly make any changes. However it is too late for that in this case so you need to work with what you have.
First of all what do you need to change? G-code is a simple text format that you can open with any text editor. If you just need to change something like the feed rate or pierce height you can do that by doing a search-and-replace with your text editor. If you say exactly what you need to change I can tell you what to look for. If you need to make changes to the geometry such as leadin/leadout sizes or positions this won't work.

lkigam

Post by lkigam » Wed May 29, 2019 10:32 am

Thanks i will do what you told me , i did that before but i was hoping i was able to import the tap and modified it but i think that is not posible
thanks i will do text edit
just need to change pirce and hight
thanks for your help

Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell » Thu May 30, 2019 12:51 pm

You can import a tap file back into SheetCam but all you get is the geometry. You won't get any of the cut settings and the cut order will probably be wrong.

lkigam

Post by lkigam » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:47 pm

I just did all , and this time i save it , thanks guys for the tips

djreiswig

Post by djreiswig » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:49 am

Les Newell wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:51 pm
You can import a tap file back into SheetCam but all you get is the geometry. You won't get any of the cut settings and the cut order will probably be wrong.
Very interesting. This could come in handy.