A couple bugs

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

A couple bugs

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les, a couple bugs i have noticed recently
1) shape window does not remember size after system restart. The popup seems to work fine and the window remembers its size fine until i restart my computer. Could that be a problem on my end?
2) Custom post variable popup box-- enter does not work to accept value and continue to the next box or to accept the OK button.
3) Import drawing to specified position does not appear to work. It just puts it on 0,0 every time.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: A couple bugs

Post by Les Newell »

David_Lelen01 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:24 am 1) shape window does not remember size after system restart. The popup seems to work fine and the window remembers its size fine until i restart my computer. Could that be a problem on my end?
If it remembers when you close SheetCam and re open it, it should remember between restarts. The size/position is saved to the settings file, just like any other settings.
2) Custom post variable popup box-- enter does not work to accept value and continue to the next box or to accept the OK button.
It behaves as per the Windows standard. Tab to move between boxes. I know the operation and tool dialogs can use enter to move between input boxes but it's not the Windows standard and to be honest I'm not sure I should have implemented it. It doesn't always work correctly, fori instance it doesn't work on check boxes or radio boxes.
3) Import drawing to specified position does not appear to work. It just puts it on 0,0 every time.
That's odd. It works correctly here.
David_Lelen01

Re: A couple bugs

Post by David_Lelen01 »

If it remembers when you close SheetCam and re open it, it should remember between restarts. The size/position is saved to the settings file, just like any other settings.
Yeah, thats what i figured... i wonder if its saving to a temp config file that gets erased when the OS is restarted. I'll look and see if i can figure that one out, sounds like its on my end.
It behaves as per the Windows standard. Tab to move between boxes. I know the operation and tool dialogs can use enter to move between input boxes but it's not the Windows standard and to be honest I'm not sure I should have implemented it. It doesn't always work correctly, fori instance it doesn't work on check boxes or radio boxes.
I'm not sure about the windows standard, but most programs i use seem to use the enter key to continue behavior and i really like it. Like in my head i see it as "accept value and continue". But you are right, i have noticed i must be careful when hitting enter when check or radio boxes are involved. Specifically the operations window gets me a lot. I'll hit enter in the leadin length box and it will change the leadout from whatever i had set to None.
That's odd. It works correctly here.
Okay... my bad... sorry to waste your time there. Must have been a one off problem or a problem with that dxf. It works fine for me now too. Sorry about that.