Print display feature

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Print display feature

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les, since you're not busy at all over there and just twiddling your thumbs waiting on more requests lol :D , i think the print display feature could really use some improvements. I would really REALLY love to be able to put a picture of the display on the report, but i cant imagine that would be easy to do so in the meantime, maybe a few improvements could be made to the print display icon feature. My two main complaints are:

1) it just prints a wireframe display of the material and the toolpath. I would like to print the display exactly as is but maybe inverted colors to save some ink. like white background, light gray machine, red material, green toolpaths.
2) i cannot position the display on the page where i want to be printed. I would just run the job report back through the printer and position the job at the bottom of the page, but no matter what i do i can only move the print around a few centimeters and it is either centered on the page or at the top of the page. And adjusting the page setup margins does absolutely nothing on my end here.
SeanP

Re: Print display feature

Post by SeanP »

David_Lelen01 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:00 pm 1) it just prints a wireframe display of the material and the toolpath. I would like to print the display exactly as is but maybe inverted colors to save some ink. like white background, light gray machine, red material, green toolpaths.
I was able to print a wireframe as you mention David, but now mine prints as the screen shot, I'd prefer the wireframe to be honest :lol:
Print.jpg
Print.jpg (95.16 KiB) Viewed 6201 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

David_Lelen01 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:00 pm Hey Les, since you're not busy at all over there and just twiddling your thumbs waiting on more requests lol :D
I'll have you know that I take my thumb twiddling very seriously.
I would really REALLY love to be able to put a picture of the display on the report, but i cant imagine that would be easy to do so in the meantime, maybe a few improvements could be made to the print display icon feature.
It's a limitation of the way the HTML page is printed. Having said that, I haven't checked if wxWidgets3 has better printing facilities.
1) it just prints a wireframe display of the material and the toolpath. I would like to print the display exactly as is but maybe inverted colors to save some ink. like white background, light gray machine, red material, green toolpaths.
I have no explanation for that. Basically I switch to an inverted color scheme then do a screen shot. In some cases you can see the screen flash when this happens. You should get exactly what you normally see on the screen.
i cannot position the display on the page where i want to be printed.
If I remember correctly I just tell the print system to print as big as possible.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Sean,
I was able to print a wireframe as you mention David, but now mine prints as the screen shot, I'd prefer the wireframe to be honest :lol:
I mean, the wireframe is fine, i would just prefer to be able to show the working area, the material, and the toolpaths. Right now it just unclearly shows the material and the cutpaths.

Les,
I'll have you know that I take my thumb twiddling very seriously.
LMAO good! Because it is a very serious matter! Gosh that gave me a good laugh lol.
I have no explanation for that.
Lol how did i know that would just be my luck... something i am trying to do just cant be explained.
Basically I switch to an inverted color scheme then do a screen shot. In some cases you can see the screen flash when this happens. You should get exactly what you normally see on the screen.
The inversion is happening, just not the rest of it. At least not clearly enough to be legible anyways.
If I remember correctly I just tell the print system to print as big as possible.
That's fine if it fits to the printable width, but not so fine as for vertical position on the sheet.
Attachments
Screen.PNG
Screen.PNG (53.27 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
Print.PNG
Print.PNG (69.86 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I'll look into it. I'm working on a batch of fixes at the moment.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

This is what is happening on my screen. 1) sheetcam when working 2) sheetcam after print is clicked 3) print preview window.

1)
Before Print.PNG
Before Print.PNG (192.96 KiB) Viewed 6167 times
2)
After Print.PNG
After Print.PNG (186.18 KiB) Viewed 6167 times
3)
Print Window.PNG
Print Window.PNG (21.56 KiB) Viewed 6167 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Hmm, stages 1 and 2 are as expected. Stage 3, not so much. Actually after doing some more testing, I can replicate the issue. I'll see if I can figure out what is going on.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Start a print then go to page setup and change the paper orientation. Does the image show correctly when you close the page setup dialog?
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Its a little better centered, but it still looks the same. I wouldnt exactly call that correct though... Expecially since i need to be able to position it on the sheet and not just centered-ish.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Change the zoom to 100%. I notice that it doesn't do a very good job of scaling the image.
I'll need to think on postioning.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

That doesn't seem to affect anything on my end. Still looks the same either way. That may be graphics hardware dependent?
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les, just wondering have you had a chance to look into this any yet or look into putting a picture in the report?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry, I got distracted working on the turning plugin. Sometimes I have the attention span of a goldfish.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Its all good, i have the attention span of a mosquito sometimes. I figured thats what you have been working on.

Think you could bring it back on the radar for a little bit?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I'll see what I can do.