Start points not being placed where desired

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Start points not being placed where desired

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les, i have been having some seemingly random occurrences where the start points do not place where i click on the shape. It will for 1/10th of a second move to where i click and then instantly jump to another, seemingly random but consistent, place on the contour.
I am not able to make it do this when i want to. It does seem to only happen when shapes are involved.
SheetCam-TNG-Development-Laser-0.gif
SheetCam-TNG-Development-Laser-0.gif (1.54 MiB) Viewed 1385 times
David_Lelen01

Re: Start points not being placed where desired

Post by David_Lelen01 »

And this is still a really annoying random problem... seems to be no rhyme or reason as far as i can tell when it happens.
Interestingly enough, if i save the job, close sheetcam, reopen it and open the job, all is fine and dandy.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

It does that when it thinks the start point won't actually fit where you clicked. The delay is SheetCam trying to find a more suitable place for it. However it obviously should fit. Could you send me the job file.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

I think i have modified it some since i posted that, but here it is anyways. It doesn't always do that, its just once in a random blue moon.
Attachments
001.job
(69.81 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Ah, that will be the type of blue moon that never happens for me then. Unfortunately if I can't replicate the fault it's extremely difficult to fix. I seem to be saying things like that you you quite a bit recently :cry:
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Nah, you're good. I seem to be really good lately at bringing up oddball, difficult to track issues. What can i say, i like pushing the limits of what things can do compared to their intended purpose. For example, our laser is rated for 1in thick steel. I tried cutting 1.5in plate on it. It hasn't worked out too well..... yet.
quarkq

Post by quarkq »

I tried this as well, but no problem. Maybe Windows problem.