Issues loading file to sheetcam

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Joosedup

Issues loading file to sheetcam

Post by Joosedup »

Hello i use inkscape to draw my picture i save as svg which worked before but meow when i make a file and try to load to sheetcam the file wont load and i get an error the file version is no longer supported.
Curious where my problem is any help would be appreciated
Attachments
20210516_100549.jpg
20210516_100549.jpg (214.85 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Issues loading file to sheetcam

Post by Les Newell »

It looks like you are trying to load the svg file as a job file. Use File->import drawing to load the drawing.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

This is not always the case for this error message. I'm posting this here for future searches.

I just saved a file a month ago as a SheetCam (.job) file. It gives the same error message when trying to load it. It has nothing to do with updating SheetCam either... I have both newer and older files that work/load up just fine. This one is more recent.

Either the file is corrupted, or got saved the wrong way. Either way, I can assure you it is not operator error on my part. I have used this app for a while and have found work-arounds for most of the problems I was having. This is a new one. I sure wish I could at least see the parameters of the operations. Then I could try to transfer the pertinent information. I can't open it in Notepad or Wordpad. If I find something to view the text with, I'll post the results here.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Could you post the problem file here or email it to me direct. Job files are roughly 50% text so if you can't read it in Notepad it must be pretty badly damaged.