Says report bug and cutter wobbles at end of part

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
rdlohr

Says report bug and cutter wobbles at end of part

Post by rdlohr »

It cuts the part then gets stuck in a wobble loop about 400 times afterward in the top left corner.
Luckily the part is cut correctly so its an annoyance for now, but its going to wear out my motors.

Thanks
Rick
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-04-23 bug report.jpg
Screenshot 2021-04-23 bug report.jpg (395.46 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
mancavedweller

Re: Says report bug and cutter wobbles at end of part

Post by mancavedweller »

Whenever I get the message about the paths not being generated correctly, it's normally a bad file I imported.

Things like crossed lines, loops in the line, or even tiny separate lines/shapes. Most of the time they are extremely small and you have to really zoom in to find them, but they are there.

Maybe post your job file and the dxf or whatever you imported.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

if you have a full version of autocad (does not work with LT) you can use -overkill

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/ ... 6-htm.html

also seems to be available in bricscad too... so maybe available in other cad software with another name
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Could you send me a job file (file->save job) with the tool paths set up ready to post process. This is a bug and having teh job file will make it a lot easier for me to figure out what is going on and fix it.
SheetCam can struggle when you use ramping and you have tabs near the start point. Try moving the start point or the tab nearest the start point.
rdlohr

Post by rdlohr »

Thanks all. Job file sent.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

As I suspected the issue is the tab nearest the lead out. There isn't enough room for the ramp. If you move it a bit to the left the fault will go away. This is a bug in SheetCam but it involves a fairly significant change to the path generator to fix it. The path generator is a complex beast so any changes will stay in dev for a while so it can get thoroughly tested before moving to stable.
rdlohr

Post by rdlohr »

Can I revert to an older version since I prefer not to change configured parts? I noticed it on a different part tonight.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

This is fixed in the latest dev release. I'll put out a new stable in the next couple of days.
If you want to use an older version you'll have to go back to version 6. You must uninstall V7 before installing V6.
rdlohr

Post by rdlohr »

Oh, nice work. I'll just wait. Thanks Les!

Rick