Shape Library

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
SeanP

Shape Library

Post by SeanP »

Thanks there are some nice features in the shape library, trouble is I can't work out how to use it :lol:
I can't seem to create a standalone part, it seems to want to attach to another part is that how it works?
I've had a few goes but keep putting it off.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Shape Library

Post by Les Newell »

Yes, the shape will be added to the current part. You can of course create a new part (File->new part) before adding your shape.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Thanks, pity you could't have 'add as new part' as a option in there as well.
Maybe I'm still missing something but I can't really see the point of adding a shape to another part, ok it can be broken up.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

SeanP wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:56 pm Thanks, pity you could't have 'add as new part' as a option in there as well.
Maybe I'm still missing something but I can't really see the point of adding a shape to another part, ok it can be broken up.
I do keep trying with shapes, it really would be spot on if you didn't have to add it to a part existing or new.
I have been using add to existing part, but only way I see to use it then is to break up drawing from that part, that's fine but you then loose the ability to make adjustments to the part with the shapes settings, could there not be a 'add as a new part' option in shapes, you can usually magic up all sorts Les :lol:
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

It will be in the next release.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Jaysus :shock: :shock:

Nice one, thanks 👍👍
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

That works great now Les, will be using shapes a lot more now, many thanks 8)
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Umm it works great on a new job just using shapes, but adding a new shape to a existing job with parts already added doesn't seem to work as well, even using 'add to new part' seems to merge it with part last selected.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Umm it works great on a new job just using shapes, but adding a new shape to a existing job with parts already added doesn't seem to work as well, even using 'add to new part' seems to merge it with part last selected.
Yeah, i'm having the same problem. If you already have parts in the job it half way merges the shape to the part and just makes a mess when you click add to new part. If you make the new part first then hit add to current part its fine.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Just been using it again now and it seems to be working fine, maybe after pc restart helped, also I found if you use 'start a new part' then don't actually choose a file you can then use that part for the shape, either way it's a very useful feature, thanks
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Yes, I can confirm it creates the new part but then adds the shape to the currently selected part, not the new part. It will be fixed in the next release.
Using 'file->new part' without opening a drawing is a workaround.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Working well now Les thanks, it's a handy way to cut out rectangular leftovers from a sheet as well.