Error on close

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Error on close

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les,

Got an error when I closed sheetcam a minute ago. Didn't affect anything, it just popped up when I closed the program.

Also, just an FYI, there's still a bug somewhere in the shape library stuff. I drew a shape and it was fine until I placed the part. When it inserted, it was all convoluted with arcs and lines all over the place. I then got the same error we had been getting for a while. Closed the program and restarted and it was fine. I have not been able to replicate it since.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Error on close

Post by Les Newell »

That one's driving me nuts. It is proving to be particularly difficult to track down.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

dang, i took a screenshot, but doesnt look like i uploaded it. It probably wont help if you already know about it though.
Sheetcam Error.PNG
Sheetcam Error.PNG (30.01 KiB) Viewed 591 times
And this is what the shape did...
ShapeError.PNG
ShapeError.PNG (115.67 KiB) Viewed 591 times
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les, I have noticed I only get this error if I open sheetcam, do absolutely nothing, and close the program. Still exists in 7.1.11.
Sheetcam Error.PNG
Sheetcam Error.PNG (30.01 KiB) Viewed 559 times
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Also interesting to note, maybe related to the error maybe not. Just different behavior than I was used to. The shape library remembers the last numbers input in a particular shape, it does not reload the default dimensions from the shape code, even after restarting the computer on another day.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I can't get that error message even by opening SheetCam then immediately closing it. It is a logging issue. Normally messages like that are sent to the log. They are only displayed on the screen if the log has been closed.It could be a race condition so in some cases it gets logged just after the log has been closed and sometimes not.

The shape library always remembers your last values. The defaults are only used the first time the shape is shown.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

For what it's worth, "C:\Users\gw\documents\sheetcam\sheetcamtng\" does not exist on my machine. The only thing that exists under user gw is "C:\Users\gw\AppData\Roaming\SheetCam TNG Development" and it is 100% empty all the time.
The shape library always remembers your last values. The defaults are only used the first time the shape is shown.
Thats not how it used to work....
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That path is the path of the file on my computer when it was compiled.