shift-select functionality

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

shift-select functionality

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les,

Its great to now have the ability to hold shift and select multiple items, huge timesaver! Could that functionality now perhaps be extended to the other functions instead of only the nesting function? I really need that when in the selection and start point functions as well. And if its not too much trouble, adding the ability to hold shift and use the up and down arrow keys would be awesome too.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: shift-select functionality

Post by Les Newell »

I really need that when in the selection and start point functions as well.
Multi select for start points could be problematic. What happens when you have different settings for the selected start points?
And if its not too much trouble, adding the ability to hold shift and use the up and down arrow keys would be awesome too.
I'm just using the OS provided functionality in the parts list. Windows obviously doesn't provide shift+arrow keys for tree controls.
David_Lelen01

Re: shift-select functionality

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Multi select for start points could be problematic. What happens when you have different settings for the selected start points?
Sorry i wasnt too clear there, i didnt mean for the start pints themselves, i meant for the parts, layers, operations trees in the left window.
I'm just using the OS provided functionality in the parts list. Windows obviously doesn't provide shift+arrow keys for tree controls.
I see. I'm not sure how the tree works in sheetcam, but windows does allow the use of shift+ arrow keys in the directory trees and nearly every other application i have used. I'm not sure what the difference is there.