Sheetcam interface problem -windows with invisible elements-

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
noriegafam

Sheetcam interface problem -windows with invisible elements-

Post by noriegafam »

Hello, I am a Linux user. After searching the web for CAM programs that run natively on Linux, I am of the opinion so far that sheetcam is by far the best and most elegant app out there (correct me if I am wrong :lol: ). Problem at the present is that the current version for rpm distros will run with glitches. Being more specific and as the title suggests, some of the windows in the interface have "missing" elements (the elements appear to be there but invisible) to apply settings; which makes it very difficult if not impossible to work with.

I have only tried the rpm and not the deb package because I use Fedora (33) . Gnome Version 3.38.5

I will attach a picture to illustrate the issue. And let me know what extra information I need to provide to try to replicate the problem.

Thank you, keep up the good work!
sheetcamOnFedoraa.png
sheetcamOnFedoraa.png (99.61 KiB) Viewed 902 times
Last edited by noriegafam on Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WyoGreen

Re: Sheetcam interface having problems with xwayland (window manager)

Post by WyoGreen »

I think you may be having the same problems I had a couple years ago, and which was also discussed on here within the last few weeks. Basically it had to do with how Linux displays things. Les mentioned that it had to do with the GTK2? (? not sure right now on the terminology), and that the next Sheetcam Linux release would correct it. I had to go to the Appearence app on Xubuntu and change the style from Adwaita to Numix. Not knowing what version of Linux you are running, all this may be of no help at all to you.
noriegafam

Re: Sheetcam interface problem -windows with invisible elements-

Post by noriegafam »

Thank you very much! To both of you. Evidently I had no i
dea about what I was talking about. (I edited the original question to reflect more accurately the actual problem I was having). I installed the gnome-tweak-tool, changed the theme, and now the settings are visible inside the windows.

Sorry to bother you with a question that had been answer previously. I guess I did not know what to ask because the search results never showed this solution or workaround. Anyhow; it works!

Thank you again!