Update causing problems

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Trakyan

Update causing problems

Post by Trakyan »

Hi all,

Purchased and been using sheetcam for a month or so now, and its been doing everything we need at work and then some, but today there were two updates. The second of which has caused some issues. We have a self built cnc plasma that has been working perfectly with sheetcam up until now.

Firstly, the feedrate is only set once, for the first cut. So my post processsor which sets a higher feedrate for rapids and z hops overwrites this, and the cuts end up going way too fast. This worked fine before the update, it would use the proper feedrate during cutting. Secondly the tool off commands arent being triggered for the last cut like they were before the update.

I modified the grbl plasma post processor for this plasma. I tweaked the tool on and off commands but didnt touch the movement commands where the feedrate seems to be set.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Update causing problems

Post by Les Newell »

If you post a copy of the post processor here or send it to me in a PM I'll take a look.
Trakyan

Re: Update causing problems

Post by Trakyan »

Sorry for the rambling in the first post, I was a bit frustrated yesterday when I posted that leaving work, I'd spent ~4 hours trying to debug what was going on. The updates were I think 7.0.6 and 7.0.8 I think, if that's relevant.

The first file is what I was using for the past month or so without problems, I've tweaked it for a work around (the second file).

M10/M11 are the M-Codes I added to turn on/off a height controller I built for the machine, and M100/M101 turn a Z probe on/off.

As an aside, how do you add start/end codes for path rules? Adding a rule, there is nothing under the drop downs for start/end codes, and the three dots (menu?) button doesn't seem to do anything. Where/how do I add start/end codes?
Attachments
Plasma Smoothieware Work Around.scpost
(3.27 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Plasma Smoothieware.scpost
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 44 times