Some bugs, pertaining to keyboard shortcuts

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
cicada909

Some bugs, pertaining to keyboard shortcuts

Post by cicada909 »

Hey there Les hope you're doing well! Loving the keyboard shortcuts, I've already implemented quite a few.

Some have a few bugs however, here they are below:

-When opening a new part (using assigned CTRL-O to open a saved part, w/ cut op. already assigned), while in nesting mode, it doesn't un-select whichever part was previously selected. So I have to either click another part & click back on my new part, or click C for contour & then N to get back to nest to un-select the part I *don't* want to nest. This doesn't happen if I go the file---> open part route.

-CTRL C CTRL V for copying/pasting an operation from one part to another doesn't work- have to right click. A "ghost"
silhouette of the part you're copying operation from shows, & nothing ever pastes (when using keyboard shorts). Again, if I do the copy/paste operation by right clicking & selecting w/ the mouse what I want, I get smooth flow of the copy paste operation

-When using assigned keyboard short cut of "N" to select "nesting", and then selecting a part to delete, you cannot
delete it using the "delete" key- have to right click on part & scroll down to delete.

-Using the short cut key "M" for "move to new layer", after an entity's moved to a new layer (for use with a different tool), it doesn't "turn off". IE: the original layer has that entity still present & being cut.

Below are not bugs, but rather, some other shortcuts which would be cool to add:

-Be able to hit E for "enable all" while clicking within the list of all parts present in a given sheet
-Be able to hit a letter (not D, used up in duplicate) to disable selection of parts when clicking in the programmed worksheet of nested parts
-way to make "X" or "Y" be a shortcut to type in the position unit of part w/o moving mouse over to click edit field (when I rotate a part to nest it using < & > , it loses it's true zero, so I have to type it in to "reset" it- would be slick to just type X & have it immediately in the coordinate edit field

Hope this all makes sense, again, thanks heaps for this product & all the continued support!!!!!!
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Some bugs, pertaining to keyboard shortcuts

Post by Les Newell »

cicada909 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:07 am -When opening a new part (using assigned CTRL-O to open a saved part, w/ cut op. already assigned), while in nesting mode, it doesn't un-select whichever part was previously selected.
Fixed for the next release.
-CTRL C CTRL V for copying/pasting an operation from one part to another doesn't work- have to right click.
You have to make sure the key strokes are going to the right window. Say you click on an operation then CTRL-C. This copies the operation. Now you click on the main window to select a different part and press CTRL-V. The CTRL-V is sent to the main window, not the operation window. Whatever you have set up for CTRL-V for that mode will be executed (if anything). You would need to cllick in the operations window to select it then ctrl-v.
-When using assigned keyboard short cut of "N" to select "nesting", and then selecting a part to delete, you cannot
delete it using the "delete" key- have to right click on part & scroll down to delete.
Do you have the delete key defined for nesting? You can check in shortcut keys->nesting.
-Using the short cut key "M" for "move to new layer", after an entity's moved to a new layer (for use with a different tool), it doesn't "turn off". IE: the original layer has that entity still present & being cut.
After running some tests those menus badly broken. In the next release you will be able to set a shortcut for the top level menu, such as 'Move to layer'. When you press the shortcut a menu will pop up with just the move to layer options.
-Be able to hit E for "enable all" while clicking within the list of all parts present in a given sheet
I will add 'select all' an enable menu items. To enable all you would select all then enable.
-Be able to hit a letter (not D, used up in duplicate) to disable selection of parts when clicking in the programmed worksheet of nested parts
I'm not sure what you mean here.
-way to make "X" or "Y" be a shortcut to type in the position unit of part w/o moving mouse over to click edit field (when I rotate a part to nest it using < & > , it loses it's true zero, so I have to type it in to "reset" it- would be slick to just type X & have it immediately in the coordinate edit field
I will add a 'set part position' menu entry that selects the 'Pos X' box. You can then use tab to navigate to the other boxes.
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

I still can't make the shortcut for post process work. The default ctrl+P doesn't work and it doesn't work if I change it either. The other commands work. A fresh install without extra plugins and no preferences changed has the same problem. I'm using Wine on Mac.
cicada909

Post by cicada909 »

Les Newell wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:49 pm Fixed for the next release.
Great!

You have to make sure the key strokes are going to the right window. Say you click on an operation then CTRL-C. This copies the operation. Now you click on the main window to select a different part and press CTRL-V. The CTRL-V is sent to the main window, not the operation window. Whatever you have set up for CTRL-V for that mode will be executed (if anything). You would need to cllick in the operations window to select it then ctrl-v.
Noted- IDK if I rushed to write that down but yea, it's working now here. Ignore.

Do you have the delete key defined for nesting? You can check in shortcut keys->nesting.
Ignore- not sure what happened but it's working as expected. Delete shortcut in nesting is present & wasn't modified, bad boot of software? I'd say ignore this too.
After running some tests those menus badly broken. In the next release you will be able to set a shortcut for the top level menu, such as 'Move to layer'. When you press the shortcut a menu will pop up with just the move to layer options.
Looking forward to it!

I'm not sure what you mean here.
Lets say I have a fully populated sheet layout, but 5 of the parts on there are "risky". There's some feature that likes to mess up when cutting, & it needs to be run w/ the operator present, but all the other parts in that nested layout can cut w/o someone there babysitting. I'll select those 5 parts, disable them, & then post 2 cut jobs. The first one being the "bulk" of the parts that can run un-attended, & then a 2nd one of just those high risk parts. Keeps the odds of scrapping a sheet to a minimum. I'm looking for a way to select those 5 parts by holding CTRL & clicking all 5 of them, then have an assignable keyboard shortcut to disable those 5. Hope that makes sense :)
I will add a 'set part position' menu entry that selects the 'Pos X' box. You can then use tab to navigate to the other boxes.
Farout, thanks!

Thanks so much Les, take it easy :D
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

cicada909 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:08 pm Lets say I have a fully populated sheet layout, but 5 of the parts on there are "risky". There's some feature that likes to mess up when cutting, & it needs to be run w/ the operator present, but all the other parts in that nested layout can cut w/o someone there babysitting. I'll select those 5 parts, disable them, & then post 2 cut jobs. The first one being the "bulk" of the parts that can run un-attended, & then a 2nd one of just those high risk parts. Keeps the odds of scrapping a sheet to a minimum. I'm looking for a way to select those 5 parts by holding CTRL & clicking all 5 of them, then have an assignable keyboard shortcut to disable those 5. Hope that makes sense :)
You can do that now. Select the parts then right-click->disable. You can assign a shortcut key to disable if you wish.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Jolbas wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:49 pm I still can't make the shortcut for post process work. The default ctrl+P doesn't work and it doesn't work if I change it either. The other commands work. A fresh install without extra plugins and no preferences changed has the same problem. I'm using Wine on Mac.
Sorry, I missed your post. What happens if you define it on another shortcut key? Does the import drawing shortcut work?
Jolbas

Post by Jolbas »

What happens if you define it on another shortcut key?
I'm not sure what you mean. It does not work if I change the shortcut for Post Processor to for example Ctrl+K.
Does the import drawing shortcut work?
The shortcuts with Alt key modifier does not seam to work on Wine on Mac. I can assign it in the shortcuts settings by using the Command key but it doesn't then work. If I change the Imoprt Drawing shortcut to for Example Ctrl+I. Then it works. So thats possible to workaround.