Post Processor modified

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
der rudy

Post Processor modified

Post by der rudy »

Hello,

i have a DIY plasma table Running with mach3 in combination with the csmio/ip-m

the question i have is how to adjust the post processor so that i can set a user dro (for Torch voltage set point) now i have to do this manually every time.
but is it possible to set this by sheetcam in the tool section so that i don't forget to set it right.
hans

Re: Post Processor modified

Post by hans »

What exactly do you mean with "user dro" ?
So what do you want to have in your g-code?
der rudy

Post by der rudy »

finaly time for hobby things.

what i do i mean with my question.

i have made my own mach3 screen for use with my plasma table.
I’m using a csmio controller card and this can transform 0-10volt to display ±130 volt in a dro for readout. by a little calculation in a marcopump.
i'm using almost the same calculation for a dro where i input my target voltage. this set a 0-10 volt output direct on the input(Not possible in the software) . this is uses for torch height controlling.

now the question again
i have a DRO in my machscreen for target voltage. my question is setting this DRO from/ In combination with sheetcam in the tools library so i doesn’t forget to adjust the voltage and the torch is always on the right height.

this is the first option i want to implant in the system when this is operative and i understand how to use it then i could use it for more kind of things

I would like to insert a picture with it but I doesn’t no how to
Could sent it by facebook or so

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=357 ... 5286511549
hans

Post by hans »

Sorry I still don't know what you wanna do. Sure that putting it into the G-Code is the right way?
And you can attach images here. See Attachments below.
OldHippie62

Post by OldHippie62 »

post I use
post I use
post processor.jpg (110.51 KiB) Viewed 3865 times
I think I know what you are looking for. It depends on the post processor you use. Some of the basic ones won't have the settings for DTHC in the tool table. The one I use is the DTHC-HYT-DTHC_ SOftPierce. with this Post processor you get the added setting for torch height.
Tool Table.jpg
Tool Table.jpg (414.2 KiB) Viewed 3865 times
der rudy

Post by der rudy »

OldHippie62 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:13 pm post processor.jpgI think I know what you are looking for. It depends on the post processor you use. Some of the basic ones won't have the settings for DTHC in the tool table. The one I use is the DTHC-HYT-DTHC_ SOftPierce. with this Post processor you get the added setting for torch height.Tool Table.jpg
This is someting i looking for, but how to make the extra colums in the tool table, could you share your postprosessor file so i can see how to add it.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

You have to add custom tool settings to the post to have them show up in the table.
But then you have to edit the post to make them.di something. If you look at some of the posts you should see how they are created.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Does your Mach configuration have a G-code or M-code to set the torch voltage set point?
der rudy

Post by der rudy »

No i doesn't have a cod for setting torch voltage in the g-code because i can't find out how to do it.
i have a a user dro in mach3 that i planing to use for but i have to do this no manualy en sometime i forget this,
so i know there's a option to get this done by sheetcam but i can find out how to
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The post can't set a DRO directly. You would need some way for the post to tell Mach what torch voltage to use. This is normally done with a custom M-code macro.
der rudy

Post by der rudy »

Les Newell wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:34 pm The post can't set a DRO directly. You would need some way for the post to tell Mach what torch voltage to use. This is normally done with a custom M-code macro.
Do you have an example how to do this i doesn´t know how to do it right no