Nestfab plugin update

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Nestfab plugin update

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Something appears to be wrong with the nesting plugin update. The automatic update fails and i cannot download the exe from the website to manually install.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Nestfab plugin update

Post by Les Newell »

I just did an update for the plugin. Give it a try. Note the updates only work for V7.x.x.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Running Development 7.1.4. I still cannot tell whether the nestfab plugin has updated or not, I am still unable to download it from the website. That may be something in my browser or on my end, but I have not had trouble downloading any other files.

The Plugin Options window shows it is still 1.1.29.

EDIT:
Finally got it to download the 1.1.31 plugin. Guess it was on my end. Now it appears the inch/metric conversions of the part spacing and sheet spacing aren't happening. I have to put the metric value in the popup box to get nestfab to show the correct inch spacing. Also, there is no box to put in the sheet spacing. It uses the part spacing. Could a box be added to this. I typically use a part spacing of 1.25*sheet thickness and a sheet spacing of 0.5*sheet thickness.

Other than that, this is AWESOME!!!! I REALLY hate I haven't been able to use this before. It is amazing to load the parts and apply an operation to each and have that nested instead of applying operations after nesting is done!
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

I have found one issue with this, and it may not be possible, but the plugin only nests one operation for each part. When i have etch lines, it is not nesting those with the parts. Is this something that could be fixed/added or not how it works?
Nesting.PNG
Nesting.PNG (248.03 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

If the etch lines are inside the outline it should not matter. Just select the operation with the part outline. When In Nestfab you'll only see the outlines but when you load the nest back into SheetCam it will place the whole part. This is done to prevent sending unnecessary data to Nestfab.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Oh sweet, that works! That'll teach me to try something 100% before I ask questions.
I have to put the metric value in the popup box to get nestfab to show the correct inch spacing. Also, there is no box to put in the sheet spacing. It uses the part spacing. Could a box be added to this.
But this issue still exists. I can fix it in nestfab before i start the nest so not a huge inconvenience, but still a bug.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les, have you had a chance to look into this yet? The nesting plugin still defaults to metric values and there is no box to put in the sheet spacing separately from the part spacing. Nestfab also only allows 0,90,180, 0r ANY as the rotations allowed instead of being able to type in any number.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I thought I fixed this. I'll try to sort it out for next release.