Flow waterjet post that lifts Z

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Josh

Flow waterjet post that lifts Z

Post by Josh »

Hi guys,
I'm a complete newbie to SheetCam(We've just got it). I'm operating a Flow waterjet and the only post processor I've been able to come across that works with our machine does not lift the z axis between cuts. Under Job options and then in the material tab I have the rapid clearance set a 0.7" so I think it has to do with the post processor but I don't know anything about editing it. Hoping you all can help me out on this.

Thanks,
Josh
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Flow waterjet post that lifts Z

Post by Les Newell »

Do you have an ord file that does lift the Z axis? If so, could you send me a copy.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Contacted Les and gave him a ORD file that does move z axis. He’s gonna check into it for me.
Amelien

Post by Amelien »

Hello,

I'm very interested about this. I'm also using a Flow waterjet and I have the same issue.
I've been using the "MyCNC" PP for about one year. It gives me a .nc file, that I convert in .ord file with Flow's software.

Do you have any news about this ?

Thanks a lot,

Amelien
-
Sent using a Flow Waterjet
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I couldn't create a 3D post because I couldn't find enough information on the Flow format. However SheetCam comes with a couple of 2D posts. Give them a try and see if one works for you.
Amelien

Post by Amelien »

Hello Les,

Thanks for the quick reply.
That's unfortunate, but I love Sheetcam anyway. (We are going to buy a plasma table, and it will helps us also with the new machine).

About the Flow, I think that I'll stick with the method I found: using the MyCNC PP to get a .NC file, and then convert it to .ORD with Flow's FlowCut software. It's too dangerous to cut without lifting Z on the rapids.

If one day, you want to get some files from both PP, in order to compare them, feel free to ask :)

Have a nice day !
-
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Could you send me some sample .nc files and the .ord files generated from them. They may well help me reverse engineer the ord format.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this forum. Hopefully you have been able to get something working. I did manage to create a post that has been working for me.
Attachments
flow waterjet Z Lift.scpost
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Amelien

Post by Amelien »

Hello,

At the moment, nothing new for me, I think Les is very busy, and I don't want to harass him :mrgreen:
I tried your post, but it doesn't work for me, when I try to open it with Flowcut, I get a "bad file type" error.

Strange, but I can't see why.
-
Josh

Post by Josh »

Sorry, try this one. I am operating an older machine so not sure if Flow has switched things up but for FlowMaster 6.7 it works.
Attachments
flow waterjet Z Lift.scpost
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Amelien

Post by Amelien »

Hello Josh,

Thank you so much ! It works ! I can now directly export from Sheetcam to the machine !

Thanks again !
-
Josh

Post by Josh »

Hey, right on! Glad it works.
Amelien

Post by Amelien »

You clearly changed my life at work ! :D
-
remembergymnasium

Post by remembergymnasium »

Hello,
I'm a novice when it comes to SheetCam as we've just implemented it into our workflow. Currently operating a Flow waterjet, I've encountered a challenge with the post processor – it doesn't lift the z-axis between cuts. In the Job options, specifically within the material tab, I've set the rapid clearance at 0.7". I suspect the issue lies in the post processor, but I'm unfamiliar with the process of editing it. I'm reaching out in the hope that someone with more experience can provide guidance and assistance with this matter. Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I’m supposing you’ve tried using the post processor that’s been posted on this forum?
If so, if you could post a ORD created with FlowPath that lifts the z axis and as well as one you’ve generated of the same part with SheetCam that might give us an idea.