foreign post processor

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
kirby97

foreign post processor

Post by kirby97 »

8.75 YOUNG LINK SHELF.txt
(13.8 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
STARCAM POST PROCESS.txt
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Hi, I am new to CAM software and only recently learned about post processors, I have a generic cnc machine from china called MOPHORN it came with a CAM software called STARCAM. I looked on there website but could not find a download of there post processor. there is a manual that mentions the format (attached below) but I don't know what to do with it. I am also including a file that starcam has processed. Again I am very new to this and don't know much any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

P.s. Sorry if I posted this question twice I've never posted on a forum before and I'm not sure how it works.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: foreign post processor

Post by Les Newell »

I think this post will work. To install this post, save the attachment to any convenient folder on your computer then run SheetCam and go to Options->machine->post processor. Click on the 'Import post' button. Using the box that appears, navigate to your post and open it. Go back to Options->machine->post processor and make sure your post is selected.
Attachments
Baileigh Starfire no arcs.scpost
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
kirby97

Post by kirby97 »

I'll try it when I get home, thanks.
kirby97

Post by kirby97 »

I tried the post processor that you sent me it drastically changed the shape of the part and made it huge, is there any other one that might work?. I forgot to mention that my torch can only see txt, cnc, nc, B3, and MPG. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.